𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 13

The Lust Lord, exhaled a plume of pinkish smoke from her ornate pipe, the sweet scent wafting through her lavish office. From the expansive window, she watched the bustling city below, her eyes tracing the lives of its inhabitants as they went about their days. The city thrived under her influence, though many remained oblivious to the true nature of their lord. A knock at the door interrupted her reverie. Lust sighed, annoyed by the intrusion. "Come in," she called, her voice dripping with impatience.

The door creaked open, revealing Envy Lord. She raised an eyebrow as she blew another cloud of fragrant smoke into the air. Envy nostrils flared in discomfort at the overpowering scent.

"What do you need?" Lust's tone was sharp, her irritation palpable. Envy seldom visited her office, and when she did, it was never for anything pleasant.

Envy hummed, casting her gaze around the opulent room before settling on her. "You mentioned the 'gift' for the upcoming festival this month," she began. "I suggest it's not a good idea."

Julie scoffed, leaning back in her chair. "Oh, Envy dear, why would it be such a bad idea? Everyone loves me, so they deserve a little treat this year. They've been such good peasants," she said with a smirk.

Envy rolled her eyes at Lust's arrogance. "So, you're going to let them kiss you for a gift? What next? Your body?-" Her voice dripped with disdain.

Lust cut her off sharply. "Why do you care? It's my role, so you don't have to concern yourself with it." She waved her hand dismissively as she rose from her chair. "Understand this, Envy. Our reputation doesn't matter. What matters is power."

Envy fell silent, a sour expression twisting her features. She opened her mouth to retort but thought better of it. Without another word, she turned on her heel and left the room, the door closing with a soft click behind her.

Lust returned her gaze to the window, a satisfied smile playing on her lips. Inhaling her pipe again and blew more pink smoke from her lips. She was excited about the festival, it's always been her favorite. Perhaps, she managed to gain Pride's attention too, if she pulled her card right.

----------༺𓆩𓁹𓆪༻----------

"What do you mean by dancing?!" you exclaim loudly, smacking your face against the couch in frustration. Groaning, you can't believe what you've just heard. Home, your ever-patient friend, shakes his head and sits down next to your sprawled figure.

"It's a festival coming up next week. Dancing is part of the tradition," Home explains calmly.

Your only response is another muffled scream into the couch cushions. Home sighs, resting his head back against the cushion like it's the back of a chair. "Why are you so mad about it?" he asks, his tone gentle but curious.

You lift your head and look at him, your face serious and determined. "Because I don't know how to dance! The last time I danced was during my high school prom, and guess what?" You lean in, giving Home a very dark look. "I broke someone's toes with my heels."

Home gives you a deadpan look, unfazed by your dramatic tone. Without warning, he shoves you back onto the couch, making you yelp in surprise. "You don't need to worry about it," he says with a confident smile. "I can teach you."

Your eyes widen in surprise. "Really? You'd do that for me?"

"Of course," Home replies. "Besides, it'll be fun. And this time, no broken toes, I promise."

You let out a relieved sigh, feeling a bit more hopeful about the upcoming festival. Suddenly, your face becomes sour again. "But I don't like dancing," you say, your voice tinged with stubbornness.

Home gives you a deadpan glare before lightly tapping your head in a mock karate chop.

"If you don't want to go, just tell me. It's fine," he says with a sigh. You rub your head where he hit you and give him a light glare.

He glances at the clock ticking on the wall and hums thoughtfully. "Well, I have to get back to work. I have some important business with the mayor." Grabbing his coat, he pauses at the door. "Also, tell me if you change your mind," he adds before quickly exiting, clearly running late.

You huff and flop back onto the couch, staring at the ceiling. It's been a few months since you found yourself in this strange, lively world, and while you've grown to like it, there's still no sign of an exit. The place is unique and vibrant, though the presence of weird creatures and oddities adds an element of unpredictability. You wonder if anyone from your original world is searching for you right now.

Groaning loudly, you brush off the thought and grab your backpack, a relic from the day you arrived in this world. Fishing out your broken-screen phone, you're relieved to see it still works. You unlock it with your fingerprint and open the gallery, scrolling through pictures of your friends and pets. A wave of nostalgia washes over you as you stare at the familiar faces.

With a sigh, you sit up and shove the phone into your pocket, deciding to take a walk for some fresh air. Stepping outside, you take in the vibrant sights and sounds of Rose Town. The streets are bustling with activity, vendors calling out their wares, children laughing as they play, and a general sense of community pervading the air.

As you wander, you find yourself drawn to the town square, where preparations for the upcoming festival are in full swing. Banners are being hung, stalls are set up, and a stage is erected in the center. The excitement is contagious, and you can't help but smile at the enthusiasm of the townspeople.

Lost in thought, you glance around to see the people having their day as usual, some will give you an awkward smile and some are genuinely happy around you. You've been in this world for a while now and haven't made any single interaction with anyone from this village- well except Home and Poppy. Forgot to mention, Wally too.

Wally...

Well that guy, the charming and kind man who always loves to teach you new things. His words flattered you more than once but it's not like you have feelings for him. However, you always find him strange...like something he was hiding from you.

'Why was I thinking about him? I don't know. Maybe I just miss talking with him'

you let out a sigh and rub the bridge of your nose. You decide to grab something to drink and clear your mind. Who knows, the festival would perhaps change everything most unexpectedly...