Chapter Six

Tune: Look What I Bought! – Miitopia

After Felix had left through the Portal Door, Marzia was thinking this situation over, when she noticed how the dogs hadn't returned, accidentally whistling. She investigated where Joey and Connor were quietly playing games before returning to the living room. She proceeded over to the couch and soon noticed how her friend was casually introducing Edgar and Momo to the Ghoulfriends.

Shadow Stephanie explained. "These two are Edgar and Momo. I'll show you how to properly command them. I'll start with the basic 'come and sit', right, Marzia?"

Surprised, Marzia answered. "Yes."

Clapping slowly, Shadow Stephanie stated. "Please sit here, Edgar! You too, Momo!"

Edgar strutted slowly over before sitting, earning a head pat. Shadow Stephanie repeated the command, causing the small dog to instead – dash over to Marzia instead. Marzia picked up Momo and proceeded to sit in the chair with it. Momo comfortably laid on Marzia's lap, making Shadow Stephanie smile in the process. The Ghoulfriends were enjoying this as they watched on.

Continuing to pat Edgar, Shadow Stephanie asked. "How come Felix had to leave, a few moments ago?"

Marzia quickly replied as she put Momo at her feet. "He needed to get to Brennenburg Castle. For a reunion. And because he wanted to see Stephano."

"Nice of him to visit his brother-figure. I only told Natalya that I was going on an outing with the Ghoulfriends, not the whole social visit part. I hope she doesn't become too worried about me." She then gestured. "Watch this."

Marzia was in awe as Shadow Stephanie commanded Edgar and Momo to dash over to the Ghoulfriends. The group of Ghouls were shocked as they watched how Momo immediately jumped up the couch and onto Clawdeen. Clawdeen froze for a moment before noticing how Momo was sitting peacefully on her lap. The others smiled towards her, as Clawdeen gathered up the courage to finally pet the small Momo.

As Momo rested, Edgar proceeded to stumble towards the others. The group watched who Edgar was going to choose. And surprisingly, Edgar had ended up at the feet of Draculaura. Draculaura looked down at the pug that was resting on her feet.

Draculaura asked. "Marzia and Shadow Stephanie, may I please pick up Edgar?"

Clawdeen added. "Is there a reason why...?"

Cleo De Nile answered. "Momo likes you. You're BOTH canines!"

"Thank you, Cleo."

Marzia responded. "I'll help with Edgar. And I'm happy you were able to tame and connect with Momo, Clawdeen."

As Marzia assisted Draculaura with Edgar, Shadow Stephanie asked. "Marzia... can you please introduce them to... Björn?"

"My son?" Marzia thought this over, but not wanting to disappoint the Ghoulfriends and their Honorary Member – she finished. "Yes. Now, Edgar and Momo, come with me quietly."

Leading the dogs towards the rooms, Marzia thought to herself. "I have a bad feeling about this... As I feel that Felix's fear of monsters has passed onto... That can't be right... I must do this, as Shadow Stephanie's counting on me!"

After leaving Edgar and Momo with Joey and Connor, that was when Marzia tiptoed into the nursery where Björn was, before carefully picking him up. Marzia continued to hum a soft tune while patting him. A moment went by and that's when she had decided to carry Björn into the living room.

On seeing Marzia return with the young infant, Shadow Stephanie jumped up from her seat and questioned. "Can I please hold him and present him to the Ghoulfriends?"

Not wanting to disappoint her friend, Marzia carefully placed Björn in Shadow Stephanie's arms. Shadow Stephanie was in awe as she looked down and gently patted Björn. Shadow Stephanie then asked if she could show him to the Ghoulfriends. Hesitantly, Marzia agreed to this.

Confidently, Shadow Stephanie proceeded to carry the child to the lounge before sitting down, keeping him close to her chest.

The Ghoulfriends asked in unison. "Is that Marzia's son? Can we please greet him?"

Shadow Stephanie questioned, facing Marzia. "Can you please bring the carrier, as the ladies would like to meet him?"

Marzia carefully carried the 'basket' over and placed it on the coffee table. She then helped Shadow Stephanie place Björn into the small carrier before sitting back to watch how this would play out.

The Ghoulfriends proceeded to gather around and were surprised at the small child. They continued to compliment and give their thoughts, until noticing how Björn was starting to awaken.

That was when the group announced. "Hello there!"

Just as Björn opened his eyes and saw the group of ghouls standing over him... a sense of insecurity befell him – causing him to immediately burst into tears. Screaming at the maximum level.

The Ghoulfriends all stumbled back onto the lounge in shock, as the two dogs – Edgar and Momo – ran in and started barking, making the noise worse.

Marzia demanded. "Shadow Stephanie, take care of Edgar and Momo as well as distract the Ghoulfriends, please?! I'll be in my room with Björn when you're ready!"

Shadow Stephanie responded as she watched Marzia quickly pick up Björn. "Sorry about everything, Marzia..."

"Apology accepted, Shadow Stephanie."

Marzia smiled at this as she watched her friend settle Edgar and Momo before heading into the bedroom to wait. On entry – Marzia was surprised at how Joey and Connor were still there.

Marzia asked as she carried Björn to his nearby baby crib. "Oh, sorry if Björn and the dogs bothered you. Will you two be staying for much longer? As I must make a phone call."

Shadow Stephanie added, calling out from the living room. "I just have to distract the Ghoulfriends, and I'll be right there."

"Okay!"

That's when Joey answered, looking up from his shared computer. "We'll keep it down. Just playing an MMO game with Harisu and Andrew. It's mainly been Chess, Minecraft and... what's the one they like to join us on, over the internet connection?"

Connor held up his Switch. "Pokémon. We'll both stay quiet and keep an eye on Björn for you."

Marzia smiled as Joey and Connor moved around and decided to sit on the chairs by the crib. Pleased, that was when Marzia sat on the edge of the bed with her phone in hand. Minutes went by, and Shadow Stephanie had returned. After Marzia had introduced the men to her friend – she proceeded to gently dial the number...