Chapter Eight

Tune: Stage: Forest – Miitopia

Fireflies unusually came to life, as Marcus entered the forest. Sunlight only just broke through the trees, creating a path towards his next destination. Marcus was pleased with the gentle sounds that radiated throughout. He didn't mind the atmosphere as he began to think over how he should explain this to Felix.

Taking a seat after having walked for a while, he muttered. "When I get to Brennenburg Castle, I should tell Alfred that Arthur's been asking about him. As for Felix..."

That's when his phone chimed with a few messages. One of them was the plan from Natalya Braginski. And another – was Connor explaining what Marcus should say to Felix about this."

Marcus concluded. "Ah, Natalya's sent me the instructions: 'I've sent them into Monster High's hidden room. Go through the catacombs and into the basement. Enter one of the doors that I wrote on. Sorry if this room's a mess – Shadow Stephanie used a vortex spell to send them into Minecraft. On finding them – use the transformation spell immediately. PS – your usual Portal spell will work to go into that server'. And here's the one from Connor: 'Tell Felix that you'll use the humanization spell and that they won't ever harm his family ever again'. Got it, and I know now what I must do."

He quickly updated Felix on where he was, before proceeding to accept Arthur's request of asking Alfred if he could return to the mansion. Pocketing the phone, that was when Marcus proceeded to continue his journey towards Brennenburg Castle.

Marching along, the atmosphere began to change around him as Marcus soon noticed a large hill just up ahead. And much further along this trail – was the castle. Marcus paused for a moment as he noticed something strange about the track as if someone had slipped while running. The track appeared to be scuffed and there was a gap where the leaves had scattered. Marcus became even more concerned about his friend as he climbed to the top of the hill.

To ease his concerns, Marcus hummed a small tune as he made his way down the path and towards the entrance. That was when he knocked on the doors many times to make his presence known.