Chapter Three

Tune: End of Peace – Miitopia

Entering the apartment, Felix and his friends were immediately greeted by Marzia and a friend of hers. Marzia's friend appeared to be in a purple long-sleeve shirt, open hoodie, and three-quarter pants, in comparison to Marzia's white blouse, pink vest, and baby-blue skirt.

Felix greeted. "Good morning, Marzia and Shadow Stephanie. My friends – Joey and Connor, had decided to accompany me home, after an incident involving a video game. How had your morning been?"

Marzia explained. "I had just finished settling Björn and just fed the pugs when Shadow Stephanie decided to bring her Ghoulfriends over. They're just in on the couch if you would like to..." She then asked. "Shadow Stephanie, can you please introduce the small dogs if you're able to befriend them, while I go and make sure Björn is all right, I might bring him in later."

Shadow Stephanie responded. "I'll do my best. And it was very nice to meet you - Joey and Connor. How's Stephano doing? I haven't heard from him in a while, except for my occasional visits to the Mansion. Is he in a reunion at either the Mansion or the Castle?"

Felix smiled and answered. "He's been very happy lately, with how the Hetalians have been accompanying him to the castle – as well as the Hetalians being okay with occasional visits by the castle residents. I'll go to Brennenburg Castle soon."

"Excellent!"

After Shadow Stephanie and Marzia had headed towards the rooms, that was when Connor and Joey walked in and quickly found the 'Ghoulfriends' that Shadow Stephanie was talking about. As Felix followed suit, he quickly took notice of the young ladies who were sitting nearby. Taking a seat across from them, Felix kept his composure the best he could. Deep down, Felix could feel his chest tighten as well as his heart suddenly quicken – to counteract this, he tried thinking about the times when he surrendered to cat images while breathing slowly to calm his mind.

Connor greeted. "Good day, I'm Connor and these two are Felix and Joey, and who may you ladies be?"

That was when one of the Ghoulfriends, who appeared to have pink-and-black hair, replied. "I'm Draculaura, and these are my friends: Cleo De Nile, Clawdeen Wolf, Ghoulia Yelps, Frankie Stein, and Lagoona Blue."

Upon hearing those names, Felix could feel his heart return to normal pace – but the pain was still there. It was accompanied by a strange feeling in the stomach and somehow – Felix had a strange urge to get up. But on doing so, had to stop himself from trembling and started to feel lightheaded. Still, he held in every desire to freak out, as he was suddenly surprised by what had happened next.

Connor whispered. "Felix, are you okay? You've suddenly gone pale."

Felix nodded, hiding the fact that he was scared.

Surprisingly – Joey had walked forth, got down on one knee – much to Connor's annoyance and Felix's confusion – and held out his palm towards the Ghoulfriends.

Joey announced. "You're all keepers! Please take care of Connor! He needs one of you to be a great dependable carer! Please think about... AH!" Joey was suddenly interrupted by Connor tugging on Joey's ear.

Disappointed, Connor complained. "Please excuse Joey... He's been watching too many Brock/Bonnie proposals again. And forgot that IronMouse would resent me for betraying our 'Best-Friend' status if anyone tried to pair me with anyone else."

"Sorry..."

As Connor dragged Joey away, Felix steadied himself as he walked off. A strong headache took hold as he pulled out his phone. He gestured to his friends as well as the Ghoulfriends that he was okay as he pulled up the messages.

Felix muttered. "Okay, I just need to type to Marcus: 'Marcus Felix Matthew Lewison – can you please meet me at Brennenburg Castle, as I need to discuss something with you urgently... I'll go on ahead. Sincerely, Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg' and... there's a message from Caitlyn. The message reads: 'Jenny Ryan / The Vixen lost to a three-player team (£19'000) with 7 questions left on The Chase UK. As for The Chase Australia – Anne Hegerty / The Governess caught a three-player team with maybe under 20 seconds to go. Have a nice day. From Caitlyn'. I hope a miracle will come when Marcus comes to speak with me at the Castle."

After having sent the message to Marcus and favouriting Caitlyn's message, Felix pocketed his phone before leaning up against the wall. He felt like he was going to panic but held it in just as Marzia and Shadow Stephanie returned with the dogs.

Felix asked. "Shadow Stephanie, can you please take Edgar and Momo over to the Ghoulfriends?" He then bent down and whispered towards Edgar and Momo. "Go over to the ladies where Connor and Joey were."

Shadow Stephanie lit up as she followed the dogs. "I'm on it!"

Marzia asked, noticing how Felix was shaking a bit as he got to his feet. "Are you sure everything's okay, Felix? Do you want to come and talk about it?"

Connor explained. "I noticed how he was gradually appearing more and more anxious. I have an idea – go to Brennenburg Castle, and just run the entire way. Yell and scream if you must."

Joey added. "So, will you do it? And show us how to properly activate a Portal Door?"

Marzia concluded, holding onto Felix's hands. "You can let it all out once you cross the portal. Thank you for doing your best to hold back your hidden fear, Felix. Now – go ahead and activate the Portal Door."

Felix finished. "You're welcome."

Felix then sat down and proceeded to quietly turn on the TV before using the XBOX controller to turn on the console. When it booted up and logged in – that was when Felix selected the game he wanted. The message came up asking if he wanted to activate the Portal Door, and without a second thought: Pressed 'Yes' immediately.

And much to everyone's surprise, a strange glowing door appeared. On approach, Felix farewelled everyone before crossing the portal into the world of Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Marzia concluded. "Felix may be a while, Shadow Stephanie, he just needs to visit Stephano."