Unnecessary.

CONTAINS LEMON.

Okay, NOW you can stare at whatever you want, but c'mon, you must be more careful on the battlefield. Anyways, I lean on the wall of a café, letting my friends chatter among themselves and eat their well-deserved food, I myself eat a warm, perfectly cooked, chili dog. The day carries hope, and peacefulness, all thanks to me and my crew, and Shadow. Still, it makes me wonder why the black hedgehog was there, if the battle ended so quickly.

Amy catches me pondering. "What's on your mind Sonic?" She asks, I sigh and look up. "Just wondering why Shadow even turned up." I reply. Amy's eyes turn soft. "Sonic, you know Shadow is a busy hedgehog, he has his reasons to not accept your offerings of kindness." Amy says, I look over to her, Amy knows how close I've been wanting to get with Shadow, to rid our tensions, and just to understand him more. She knows Shadow pushes me away most of the time, leaving me wondering what I did wrong. I sigh. "Yeah, I know, but why would he even come if he is just going to leave again? I'm sure Knuckles would've helped me." I say, at the mention of his name, Knuckles looks up from where he is eating grapes, he is confused, then nods. "Sure would've." He says, looking back at his food. I roll my eyes but look back at Amy. Her eyes are full of pity.

"C'mon Sonic, don't let that hedgehog get to you." Amy says, she leans back on her chair and puts her fork down, putting her hands on her thighs. I watch her, then look at the sky, folding my arms that once held a chili dog, now comfortably in my stomach. Amy is right, but every time I try to think light, that Shadow guy is always finding a way back into my thoughts.

"Sonic you're acting like you have a crush on Shadow." Tails says, his ocean eyes still staring down at his food. I snap my attention back to my friends, eyes gazing into Tails' side head. "I do not. I'm not gay, plus, I don't think Shadow could hold a steady relationship, especially with me." I say, Tails looks up and locks eyes with me. "Then why are you still thinking about him?" He asks. I hesitate, Knuckles looks up at me and leans forward. "Oh, he definitely likes Shadow." He grins. I pin my ears and step away from the wall. "I don't!" I yell. Amy slams the table with her hand, drawing me, Tails and Knuckles attention towards her. "BOYS. Enough. You are being way too silly. Tails, Knuckles, clearly Sonic is not in the mood for your shenanigans, so cut. It. Out."

For a few seconds, we all just stare at Amy, then Tails looks up at me, he notices my clearly upset look and he looks away. "Sorry Sonic, I had no clue you didn't like that I presumed you liked Shadow." Tails says, I sigh, relaxing my muscles and leaning back on the wall. I don't expect a sorry from Knuckles, and I don't get one. "Thanks Amy." I say, Amy looks at me than back at her plate. "I just didn't want to embarrass you." Amy replies, this confuses me, but when she points to inside the café, I am so glad she stopped the others conversation then and there.

Speak of the devil, Shadow is talking to a mobian on the other side of the counter, his crimson eyes calm and steady, he has a bandage around where that thing raked its claws against him. But he breathes strongly and talks normally. I swear I see his ears turned in my direction, but they perk as the mobian replies to him. She hands him a little sack, inside are what I know are coffee beans. Shadow doesn't like actual coffee; he has them simply roasted. Nothing else and eats them like popcorn. He nods a thanks to the mobian, passes her the given currency, and backs up, looking around for a place to sit.

I close my eyes and pin my ears, there is so much noise, so much going on, maybe I should just head home, plus, I do feel lightheaded since that battle. Things start to get overwhelming, my friends chatter becomes increasingly loud, clashing of plates inside the café are piercing through my skull, and when I move from the wall and head inside, I feel fur brush against my back. I open my eyes and look back to see Shadow has moved from the counter, he looks down at my unsteady form and I notice he is grabbing my arm in a way to steady myself. "Shadow, I'm so sorry I didn't see you-" Shadow looks away from me, then slips his hand from my arm, to my own gloved hand. Shadow pulls me away from the café, avoiding my friends altogether, he guides me to a quieter and unseen by the public area.