Next.

You are nothing, but everything to us. You deserve nothing, but you're getting everything. You cause so much suffering, we are crying till we can't breathe, screaming until our lungs feel raw. Grasping for any form of hope. But you just want it handed to you on a silver platter. Because you love this, and it costs you nothing. Absolutely nothing, but it costs us our lives.

______________________________

I wake to Shadow still resting beside me. He is wide awake, his crimson eyes meet mine and for a moment. I forget who I am. Those eyes mean so much to me... I look away. "You actually stayed..?" My voice is cracked and dried. I wipe my eyes. Shadow watches me carefully. His eyes betray nothing on how he feels. "I said I will not leave you in this state." Shadow narrows his eyes. "I keep to my word, hedgehog." Shadow gets up. I feel the need to follow him, but he looks back and shakes his head. I feel the bands back on my wrists stare at Shadow. "Your friends agreed you and Tails- shouldn't see each other right now. You two are both very unstable." Shadow hesitates, his own eyes showing pity.

The thought of Tails hurt by me is sickening. He is barely alive right now, and I can't see him because I was the one who did it to him. If he saw me...He would be terrified. I pin my ears. "So, you tied me up?" I ask, irritation in my voice. There comes the unnecessary rage. Shadow picks this up and backs up. Is he afraid of me? "When you were asleep, I noticed how difficult it was for you to fight for control." Shadow looks at my wrists. "If I let you stay off, you would hurt someone." Shadow sounds guilty. But he is right, it's safer this way. I pin my ears. "Where are you going?" I ask, Shadow watches me for a moment before answering. "Silver and Rouge need to talk to me. I've been here all night." Shadow crosses his arms.

Everyone leaves me in the end... I shake away the thought. "You will be back, right?" I ask, hearing my vulnerable heart ache at the idea of Shadow leaving me tied up and alone. Shadow pats my shoulder. "Of course." He replies, I make sure he is watching me. "Promise..?" I whisper, Shadow stares at me. I look away, am I dumbfounded? Asking Shadow the Hedgehog to promise anything to me? Shadow backs away. I don't know if that's a no. But it's not a yes. I watch him go and decide to listen to my surroundings.

I hear talking from outside my room, but no one dares to walk in. They exchange words, then silence. As if they're staring at my door, then they walk off. I hear the heater running, its low and repeated hum unmistakable, making me feel hot and sick. I hear birds outside, they sing morning songs and call to their loved ones. I let my mind focus on my senses while I close my eyes. Unsure what else I can do to stay calm.

"Sonic...?" I hear Amy's voice, I open my eyes. I'm not on the bed anymore. I'm in a pitch-black room, with only Amy in front of me. She stares at me as if I was a stranger to her. As if I killed Sonic and took over his body... I stare at her, I feel uncomfortable so close to that fearful gaze. But there is something I need from her. "Sonic, who did this to you?" Amy backs up when I come closer. She grabs her hammer and threatens to hit me with it if I come any closer. I click my fingers. "Don't do that. You're scaring me Sonic." Amy says, tapping her hammer to the floor. I drag myself back and tilt my head to the side. Such a poor little soul... I chuckle, my voice high and cracked. I sounded like I was possessed by a clown.

Amy pins her ears, eyes widening as she hears me chuckle, over and over. She tries to back away but I keep in a steady pursue. I end up beside her, not even noticing my movements. As if I just teleported. Making Amy scream, she tries to hit me but I grab her hammer and pull her down. I hear her take in a short breath and try to pull away before I twist her head far enough I hear her neck snap and her head drops from it when I let go. Amy lays on the floor of this dark room, unresponsive and cold. I stare at her. "You're too slow." I chuckle, my voice harsh and bland. I turn to leave and meet eyes with Knuckles. "want to try again?" I feel the smirk spread on my face. Knuckles is too far for me to register his emotion.