Chapter 1 - Fresh Blood

1

It was the middle of the night on a chilly October afternoon somewhere just outside of Wichita, Kansas with thick fog covering the vast grass fields around us and the faint sound of electronica music playing loudly in the distance. The Impala was parked to the side of the road with the trunk and chest of weapons opened as Sam and Dean began to prepare materials to take down my first vampire nest, where there just so happened to be a party full of teenagers who were most likely almost blackout drunk or high on a mix of various hard drugs.

I was standing outside of the car, leaning on the side with my booted foot up on the wheel, wearing tight black leather pants and black tank top underneath my zipped up leather jacket, and my hair halfway up in a messy bun with smokey dark makeup around my eyes and my now signature shade of deep red lips. I was busy scrolling through my phone for the perfect song to play as the backdrop for my first vampire nest as a full-fledged hunter, chewing on hubba-bubba bubble gum leftover from my cherry lollipop and cracking a bubble between my teeth with my earbuds plugged into my phone and the volume at full-blast.

"It's never-ending, never-ending... Same old story! What if I say I'm not like the others? What if I say I'm not just anoth-"

I suddenly then felt something wet sprinkle on my face and my phone, making a face as I looked up at the sky before I finally heard Sam call out to me above the music, "Cat!"

I stopped, looking back and pulling out my headphones as I wiped my face and glared at him, "What the hell? Why don't you just walk over here!?"

Sam gave me a look, shaking his head, "Don't look at me like that, I didn't do it?! It was Dean."

I looked back, realizing Dean was hiding his head with the brief glance of his face, having a wide smirk on his face as he started to put away a jug of holy water.

I glared at Dean, letting out a breath and shaking my head and starting to get up off the car, "What? I'm listening?"

Sam's eyebrows were furrowed as he looked at me, "You're not gonna be able to go into the vampire's nest like that, Cat. You're gonna need to be able to hear?"

I made a face, shaking my head, "We're going to a rave, Sam? Either way, none of us are gonna be able to hear? But lucky for me, I'm a frickin' angel, so I have like spidey senses? Which is the only way I even know how to explain it since you got me hooked on comic books?"

Dean froze, his eyebrows furrowing as he started to lift his head up, "Wait, rea-"

There was then a loud thud from the sound of Dean accidently banging his head on the edge of the trunk before cursing to himself, Sam's hand immediately going for his shoulder, "You okay?"

I smirked to myself, looking away to try to not to laugh even though I was the slightest bit concerned, hearing Dean groan and jerk away from Sam's hand, "Get off me. Yes, I'm fine, Sam."

I bit my lips together, trying desperately not to laugh just as Sam glanced back, a smirk cracking on his face from the one look of my face, shaking his head as he was also now trying not to laugh, the thought of me trying not to laugh so infectious that he now couldn't help but to smile too.

Dean was still leaning on the edge of the trunk, holding the back of his head and groaning, "Ah, son of a bitch, that hurt."

I finally let out a laugh, shaking my head and grinning back at him, "How do you always do that?"