Chapter 9 - Riding Shotgun

9

A few hours later, I was now in a cell on my own as I leaned up against the wall with one leg up on the bench staring up at the ceiling, and sang to myself to try to calm my nerves, along with feeling intense annoyance and frustration from the situation I got myself into.

"Oh baby, baby... Oops, you think I'm in love? That I'm sent from above... I'm not that innocent."

I then started to hear footsteps shuffle as I looked back at the jail bars, Sam and Dean stopping behind an officer while wearing suits and both looking pissed off as the officer started to unlock the door with a grin on his face, "Well, well, I guess the caged bird does sing?"

I smiled sarcastically, giving him a look as I started to stand up, holding my cuffed hands out in front of me, "It's Cat, bitch."

Sam gave me a look when I smirked to myself, looking back as the officer started to uncuff me, shaking his head, "You must have quite the rap sheet in order for Quantico to send a couple of agents to take you in? Tell me. What do they got on you?"

I smirked, admiring the shiner on his face that I had given him just a few hours ago as I shrugged, making a face, "I would love to tell you, but... Quid pro quo, Clarice."

I began to slurp through my lips with a wide look in my eyes when the officer started to look a little afraid, taking the cuffs off and stepping back, "You're free to go."

We all got back to the car, Dean unlocking it and looking back at me as he leaned on the roof of the car, "Did you really assault fifteen officers?"

I shrugged, "Give or take a few drunks too, but yeah?"

Sam gave me a look, tilting his head as he stared at me with his jaw clenched, making me look away and shrug, "What? One of them grabbed my ass? What was I supposed to do?"

Dean shrugged in agreement when Sam shook his head, letting out a breath and opening the car door, "Just get in."

I stopped, shrugging and looking back at him, "What, you're not gonna yell at me or anything?"

Sam shook his head calmly, "Not in public."

I started to smirk again, letting out a laugh and raising my eyebrows as I started to slide into the car, "Ooh, you make me tingly all over when you get angry like that, Sammy-"

"This isn't funny, Cat."

I stopped, shrugging with a smirk, "I think it's pretty funny?"

Dean got in the driver's seat, turning the car on and looking back at me, "Seriously, Cat. What the hell were you thinking?"

Sam was now sitting beside me as he slammed the door shut and I slid over a bit more while crossing my arms and shrugging, "I wasn't, obviously?"

I started to feel hot all over, like my skin was burning and my vision started to go dark, almost feeling like I was entering a tunnel as Sam and Dean's voices started to sound distant.

I then heard my voice talk back, "It was a dead end. We were wrong, she wasn't visited by an angel, she's just a psycho who's off her meds."

I started to panic, feeling like I was frozen in place but watching through my own eyes as my hands went up to the rearview mirror and saw my own reflection smirk at me briefly, Dean then swatting my hand away, "What'd I tell you about moving that damn thing? I need it to drive!"

I heard my own voice again as she laughed, shrugging, "Touchy. Who peed in your Wheaties this morning?"

"Cat, focus. What the hell happened? Why are they saying you assaulted her?"