Chapter 3

"Speak of the devil, we thought you had detention!" Fitz exclaimed as Keefe arrived at the table in the cafeteria.
Keefe grinned as he took a seat next to Sophie, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.
"I nearly got detention! My mentor was just scolding me. Apparently I was 'speaking back' and all that crap." Keefe stated, rolling his eyes.
"Mmh, Keefe..." Sophie looked at her boyfriend.

"What? I swear, I did not say anything that was rude!" Keefe exclaimed.
"Yeah, of course. We believe you..." Dex stated, looking at Keefe, raising his eyebrows.
Keefe scoffed. "Wow, not even my own friends believe me!"
"How can you expect us to believe you? You're always causing trouble." Biana stated, smiling at Keefe.
"... True, but still!" Keefe exclaimed.

"Sophie, I think you need to rethink your taste in boys." Linh stated.
"They're cute but really, really stupid."
Sophie giggled at Linh's comment as Keefe rolled his eyes.
"Keefe isn't that stupid. He makes... questionable choices but other than that, he's very smart." Sophie said, smiling at her boyfriend.
"Oh Foster, you're the only one who gets me." Keefe smiled back at Sophie, gently squeezing her shoulder.
Sophie's cheeks turned pink and Keefe felt his smile grow.
He loved it when he made Sophie blush, it was cute.

Tam looked at the couple and he scoffed quietly to himself, looking away.
"You guys need to stop making lovey dovey eyes at each other, it's uncomfortable for everyone else at the table." Tam scowled, grabbing a book from his bag.
Linh looked at Tam.
"Tam,  hey-" Linh began.
Tam ignored Linh, letting his bangs fall over his face as he opened up the book and quietly began to read it.

Keefe looked at Tam and so did Sophie.
"... Sheesh Tam, sorry that we're in a relationship and love each other?" Sophie sort of scowled back.
Tam glanced at Sophie and smiled.
"What a kind apology, I don't accept." Tam said.
Sophie scoffed and Keefe sort of bit back a smile.

"Bangs Boy, c'mon. One day you'll understand when you find yourself a girl and make lovey dovey eyes at her all the time." Keefe said, looking at Tam.
Tam now looked at Keefe.
Linh bit back her own smile and withheld a giggle. Tam glanced at Linh, seeing how she refrained herself from laughing, causing him to smile.
" Mmh... Sure, one day I'll understand when I get a girlfriend..."Tam said, rolling his eyes.

Tam made an expression towards Linh, raising his eyebrows and Linh couldn't help but snort out a laugh.
" Pfft, haha! Stop it. "Linh said, shoving Tam in the shoulder.
Tam snickered as he looked back at his book, reading it quietly.

Biana glanced at Tam and Linh, furrowing her eyebrows at the twins.
"... Okay, you two are little weirdos. "Biana said.
Dex looked at Tam.
"Nah, I just think Tam isn't gonna get a girlfriend."Dex stated.
Tam looked at Dex and he smiled at the Technopath.
" Bingo. "Tam said, pointing at Dex.
"But a lot of girls in Foxfire have been paying more attention to you now that Keefe is dating Sophie." Fitz stated, looking at Tam.
"... You don't find any of them attractive?"
Tam shook his head at Fitz.
"None of them are my type." Tam said.

"Maybe you just haven't found the right girl yet." Sophie shrugged.
"I'm happy to help you find someone-"
"I'm happy not having a girlfriend, thanks." Tam looked at Sophie, with a bitter expression again before he looked back at his book once more.
Sophie furrowed her eyebrows at Tam.
"... Mmh, right." Sophie mumbled.

"Changing the topic! I had an idea of maybe having a sleepover at Havenfield!"
Sophie looked at everyone at the table.
"I already asked Edaline and Grady, they said they're fine with it as long as you guys get permission. It'd be this weekend."
Sophie smiled as she looked at everyone.

"A sleepover?" Biana questioned.
"What would we do?"
"Well, I have a few human games we could play!" Sophie exclaimed.
"So... What do we think?"
"Oh, I'm coming no matter what!" Keefe exclaimed.
"Couldn't care less for my dad's permission!"
"... I thought so." Sophie smiled at Keefe.

"We'll ask our parents." Biana smiled, speaking for her and Fitz.
"But it'll probably be a yes." Fitz stated.
"Cool!" Sophie nodded.
"Yeah, my parents will allow it!" Dex exclaimed.
"I'll ask Tiergan, I'm sure Tam and I will be allowed." Linh said.

"I don't want to partake in silly-" Tam began.
"Oh don't be a party pooper Bangs Boy!" Keefe exclaimed.
"It'll be fun with the whole gang!"
Tam looked at Keefe and he seemed a little surprised.
"... Linh will drag me anyways, so I guess I'll be coming along." Tam mumbled.
Keefe smiled.
"Good! Don't want you to miss out on any fun or juicy things that happen during the sleepover~!" Keefe exclaimed.

"Juicy things?" Biana questioned, looking at Keefe.
"... I'm assuming these human games will reveal things." Keefe said, looking at Biana.
"Y'know, cause some drama~!"
"Oh...yay, I love drama..." Fitz said, very unenthusiastically.
"There won't be any drama." Sophie rolled her eyes.
"We'll see~!" Keefe exclaimed, grinning.

Keefe was excited for this sleepover. He was ready for people to reveal some things about themselves and for things to get intense for his friends!
Keefe didn't have anything he needed to figure out, he was happy in his relationship with Sophie, so he would be fine for the fun night of making his friends suffer from all the drama while being incredibly satisfied with his life!

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 933