Chapter 6

"These games are... weird." Tam mumbled.
"Uh, what's Seven Minutes in Heaven?" Linh asked, looking at Sophie.
Sophie smiled as she got up from her seat.
"Well, we'll play it like this. There's a bottle in the middle of the circle and one of us spins it. Whoever the bottle lands on, the person who spun it and the chosen person will then go into the closet across the hall for seven minutes." Sophie explained as she grabbed an empty water bottle and sat back down, placing the bottle in the middle of the circle.

"Typically, people make out in the closet." Sophie stated.
Tam's face scrunched up.
He had a feeling why Sophie chose such a game, but... maybe it'd be good for a specific couple in the room. And by that, Tam meant Fitz and Dex may be the only two who will benefit from being in a small space for that amount of time.
"But, obviously, we can just do whatever. Talk, stand in silence, whatever you want or can do."

Sophie scanned the room.
"Who wants to go first?" Sophie asked, a smile on her face.
Everyone seemed unsure of the idea.
Tam let out a sigh.
"You know what? I'll go first." Tam stated, reaching over to the bottle.
Linh raised her eyebrows at her brother.
"And you didn't want to play these games-" Linh began.
"It's just to get it over with." Tam scowled as he spun the bottle.
Tam sat back as the bottle spin.

After a few seconds of the bottle spinning, it slowed down and eventually stopped at Fitz.
Tam looked at the bottle and at Fitz.
"... Could be worse." Tam sighed as he got up.
Sophie got out a timer.
"Right you two! Someone will get you once seven minutes is up!" Sophie exclaimed as Fitz got up, sighing.
"This game is ridiculous." Fitz mumbled as he followed Tam behind out of the room.
"Tell me about it..." Tam mumbled back.

Tam made his way to the storage closet, or well what he assumed was a storage closet and opened it.
It was small but not really filled with anything. Perhaps they didn't need to store much away.
Tam went in and Fitz followed behind him, shutting the door behind him.
Tam leaned against the wall and looked at Fitz.

"So... you're bisexual." Tam stated.
"And you're gay." Fitz said.
The two stared at each other.
"... Do your parents know?" Tam asked, tilting his head.
"My mother knows." Fitz smiled.
"She's accepting, Biana obviously knows... and obviously is accepting. My dad on the other hand... I'm not sure how he'd react..."
Tam looked at Fitz and seen his expression.

"... Yeah, well my parents aren't too accepting of it." Tam sighed.
"You haven't seen them in a while though-" Fitz began.
"As a kid I'd always talk about a boyfriend or boys. They always got annoyed and told me to never speak like that in public." Tam said, looking at Fitz.
"But me being me, I always shouted it in public if I found a boy cute or if I spoke about a boyfriend."
Fitz smiled and laughed.
"Haha! That's amazing." Fitz said, looking at Tam.
"At least you didn't feel like it was unnatural."
Tam shrugged. "Well, I did feel like it was unnatural if my parents didn't like it. But I like unnatural. This is me."

Fitz smiled and sighed as he hung his head low.
"I wish I could think like that. I'm still a little... unsure about my sexuality. Or well, not as comfortable as you seem to be." Fitz said, shrugging.
"How did you come to terms with it?"
Tam softly sighed. "I guess it did take a little while for me to be comfortable with it. Especially since every time I'd try and tell a guy I liked him his reaction was usually like 'haha, you're so funny Tam!' or something like 'eww, I'm a guy! Not a girl!'."

Fitz stared at Tam and Tam smiled at the Vacker male.
"I realized that I'll always be seen as an outcast. Because I'm a twin and a Shade. And if being gay will continue with people seeing me as strange or weird, then well I'm gonna own it." Tam said.
Fitz smiled. "Mmh... that's a... good attitude, I guess."
Tam hummed back.