Chapter 14

"You didn't kiss him right there and then? I'm disappointed in you. How many romance novels have you read?!" Linh exclaimed.
"Have you learned nothing?!"
"Shshsh, keep your voice down!" Tam exclaimed, his cheeks red from embarrassment.
Linh smiled.

"Seriously, you're going on a date with Keefe this weekend." Linh said, taking Tam's hands into hers.
"How are we feeling?"
Tam sucked in a breath.
"Anxious, like...way more than usual anxious." Tam said.
"And it's still like, 5 days away."
Linh couldn't help but squeal.
"Gahh! Well at least I feel excited for you! But I am totally putting Sencen in his place when he comes over to pick you up!" Linh exclaimed.
"Oh, please, no-" Tam groaned, hanging his head back.
"Linhh...you always do this and then the guy runs away after the first date."
"Well I am sorry, that just proves they're not worth it! So, we'll see if Sencen will stick around!" Linh smiled.

"Okay, do we know what he's planning?"
"...No."
"That's a slight problem...let's discuss outfits! Make an outfit for every possible date he could be taking you on!"
"It's in five days Linh, I-"
"No arguing! To the closet!"

~~~~~

"Why do you always go off-script?" Biana sighed, shaking her head as she paced back and forth in her room.
"Well, it worked, didn't it? I asked him out on a date and he agreed." Keefe shrugged, leaning back as he was sat on Biana's bed.
"Yeah, but even you said he felt unsure about it!" Biana exclaimed.
"Mmh...this date needs to go well..."
Keefe furrowed his eyebrows.
"It's just a date, Biana-" Keefe began.
"Yeah, which will determine whether or not Tam will become your boyfriend!" Biana stated.
"Tam likes peaceful places...he likes it where he can watch the sun set..."

"I do live right by the beach, I could invite him over and spend the night at the Shores of Solace and we could have a picnic at the beach?" Keefe suggested.
Biana tapped her chin with her finger as she faced Keefe.
"Did you do that with Sophie?" Biana asked, slightly leaning in.
"Uhm..." Keefe leaned back even more.
"We mostly hung out at her place or with Silveny. Grady never let me take her out officially because he didn't trust me."
"...That's kind of sad." Biana frowned.
"But good for us! You can have a date on the beach with Tam without any memories about being with Sophie then!"

"Will your dad care if Tam comes over?"
"Do you think I care if he cares?"
"...Good answer! Now! I will tell you everything Tam likes and you can tell me what you will come up with this date afterwards!"
"Oh, fun!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 459