Seven

„I didn't expect you to randomly send me your number but I was kinda happy, to be honest." Was the first thing he said after Eleanor greeted him. "Actually it was Bella's idea. She's with me right now, we spend the evening in reading." Eleanor told him and turned the iPhone camera on Bella so Lando could see her best friend. "Hi Lando. Sorry but my girl finally needs a boyfriend. Specially one that's into motorsport like mine."
If looks could kill, Bella would be dead by now. She lightly hit her best friends arm and got up, still with her phone in her hand to sit on the opposite.
"Don't..- you know..- she's kidding." She wasn't and Lando felt some kind of disappointment. He liked that fact that Eleanor told her best friend about him. It gave him a warm but weird feeling in his stomach. Maybe even butterflies?

It still made him sad, are they making fun of him? Did Eleanor realised that he's getting a little bit attached to the girl and they joke around of him being her boyfriend.
He didn't liked that feeling, he also didn't like overthinking the hole situation. Maybe he shouldn't have called but he had to as soon as he got the DM,
Elenaor.mre: never gave you my number, pretty boy :)
+44 20 692651
He had to text her. But he also wanted to see her face. Her pretty face.

"How was your evening?" Eleanor liked how interested he was. The attention she got from him.

"Pretty good, we ate some burgers and we had some aperol. Life is good" she chuckled. She saw how her best friend had a huge grin on her face. "Do you have any plans for next Tuesday, Eleanor?" Lando had to shoot his shot. She texted him her number, it had to be a sign. She maybe wasn't as uninterested in him as he thought. He had to try it, would regret it if he let such a gorgeous girl get away.

"Nothing planed yet, what about you?" "I was wondering if you wanna meet? I was thinking about maybe take away and watching a movie?" Lando needed to get to know her before he wanted to take her out for dinner as a date. "I like your company, Ellie."

The butterflies in her stomach went crazy.

"I'd love to, Lando." She smiled at the camera, appreciating his pretty face. "Did you planned on going to bed?" She now noticed that he laid in bed, was too stressed to FaceTime him to noticed that earlier.
"Kinda, I'm in Spielberg for the Austrian Grand Prix. I guess your dad's coming too, isn't he?"

It's true, Thomas McRae is there too. Eleanor couldn't join. She was busy on Saturday. She would have loved spending time with her dad and eventually seeing Lando again but She would also visit her dad soon because university won't start until again mid-September.

"Oh, Lando. I have to get off the train. I will text you later." She said as she noticed that the next stop is the one where Bella and her had to get out.

"Alright, text me when you're home, please and be safe." "Of course, Lando."

Lando didn't knew how he would be able to get some sleep. He would finally see her again. He couldn't wait. Even though it's not a real date yet he's excited to spend time with her. He's ready to see what's coming.

"Bella, it scares me so much. I can't do this." Eleanor expressed her best friend her feelings. „I understand that but you have to finally risk it."

Eleanor had one boyfriend in her twenty two years on this planet. He ruined her trust. Hunter destroyed her. He was toxic. Their relationship was toxic. She loved him, she really did. They even shared an apartment. She was so in love, she didn't realised how unhealthy and abusive the relationship was. She was afraid it would happen again.

„Talk to him, Eleanor. If it comes to the point where you see yourself in a relationship with him and think he does too, talk to him. Be an open book about Hunter and yourself. You have to trust someone again, someday. It's hard, it's challenging but it's worth it. I promise you." Bella tried to calm her best friend down.

"I'm home, I will go to bed now. Good luck at tomorrow's qualifying, Lan. Good night x" she texted him as soon as she opednd the door to her small but cosy apartment. She loved it.

"Thanks for texting me, Ellie. I will get some sleep now too. Have a good night and thanks. Hope your watching ;) x "

Did he stayed awake until she is home?

"So he's coming over with Chinese?" Bella asked her best friend over FaceTime. „Yeah, he's here in like 20 minutes. What should I wear?"

Lando and Eleanor also talked on Saturday evening when he was done and changed to get back to his hotel. They FaceTimed all the way when he sat in the van but also when he went out and got into his Hotelroom. They talked for nearly two hours. He wanted to talk to her and both knew that Eleanor wasn't able to talk to him later that day because of s friends birthday. That didn't meant that Eleanor didn't watched qualifying. She was so excited to see Lando race.
She liked that they didn't had any kind of awkward silence while FaceTiming. She even got her makeup done on while FaceTiming the Brit.
It felt like they knew each other since years.

She texted him before the race, wishing him luck while he responded that she might be his lucky charm. Both FaceTimed again that night. He finished seventh. Not quite happy with that but at least he managed to get some points. He wasn't in a good mood until he saw her face. Everything made sense now. All the bad disappeared.
They talked for an hour until he went to Charles leclerc's party. As soon as he came back to his room, he texted her. She liked the thought of him always having her on his mind. Immediately texting her, telling her he's back and will get some sleep now. Wishing her a good day tomorrow.

Eleanor was calm until the minute he texted that he's on his way. She started to Panik, nearly threw up and cried. She nearly texted him, telling him to stay away. „Maybe I just don't open the door." she confessed her best friend.

„Eleanor McRae, i will kill you if you don't open the door for that poor boy who got you food and drove over an hour to see you." Eleanor knew that was a bad idea. „Then tell me what to wear." „just some leggins and a hoodie? Or a cardigan?" „but my thighs look massive in leggins. Also imagine he comes here in a jeans and I'm wearing leggins." her room was a mess. She already wore four different fits. „You're thighs look amazing, as always. Were them and the brown cardigan. It's a good but casual fit. He probably wears sweatpants. If he doesn't, he's a psychopath." „you're right. I'll go for it..- Bella, I feel so sick."