Whisper - 11

I pulled back from the kiss breathlessly, I could feel the glow in my cheeks rushing up and crawling over my skin as I looked at him. He hadn't pulled away, or pushed me back like I had anticipated, instead, pulling me closer. When I had wondered what it would feel like to kiss him, I had just received an answer. It felt like floating, it felt like flying. It felt...wonderful.

"Darcy, what are you doing to me?" He groans into his hand, hanging his head down so that his hair flops forward into his face.

My high drops, "You didn't like it?" I take a step back. He looks up startled, and quickly grabs my arm and pulls me forward, hugging me to him. He buries his face into my shoulder, and I lean my cheek against his heart, breathing in his scent. He smells like sweat, and wood stain, and something else a little musky.

"No, that's not what I said," he murmurs into my skin, his breath tickling me with each word, "I would never say that."

"Oh," I'm so nervous, I've never kissed anyone before, did I suck at kissing? Oh God, I'm a bad kisser. Probably the worst kiss he's ever had. Heat radiates through his shirt, and warms my skin. He's so warm, I don't notice how cold it is outside at all.

 "I'm just confused, can you blame me? One minute, you avoid me like the plague, and the next, you show up at my house. How did you find my house?" He straightens up, and looks down at me, and my cheek is cold when he's no longer there to lean into.

I'm blushing now, even though I have nothing to be ashamed of, it really was an accident. "I-I was running, and just...saw you." I feel my face burn red, and look down at the cracked garage floor.

"At two in the morning?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

We have gone from comfortable silence, to awkward silence in moments. I couldn't even meet his eyes, more or less from shame. I've made a mistake. I'm sure of it. Levi doesn't like me, he was just being genuinely himself. Levi did have a bit of a reputation, not a major one, like say, Myers Howard but Levi is a close second.

It's his whole broken bad-boy vibe. For me, well, I'll just blame it on the hormones, brush this over, and try to forget as quickly as possible.

"Darcy, there's something you should know- " He says, his face serious. My heart pounds in my chest, and I know what he's going to say. I'm a nice girl (well, he can pretend that part), and I have a lot going for me, but he just doesn't like me like that. Understandable. A nice, squeaky clean ending to an embarrassing day.

I couldn't let him get to the catch first, I could still save my pride. "Look, I'm sorry, you're right. That was stupid. I shouldn't have kissed you. What was I thinking? I'm sorry, you know, that was just...I don't know. I get it though, don't worry." My eyes sting with hot tears, but I hold them back, and bravely turn away so he doesn't see. Why am I so chock full of emotions today? "That was a mistake."

"Is that how you really feel?" He asks, cupping my chin, he's being so gentle, it's almost unreal. I've never seen him act this way, and...it's kind of a turn on.

I bite my lip, holding back my answer, and just remind myself to keep breathing.

"Darcy?"

I stay silent.

"Look at me."

I briefly glance at him, and stare down at his hands a moment later, gluing my eyes there.

"Darcy," he whispers, and all too quickly, I'm looking at him again. Levi is attractive, but he's not that special. Yet, every time I look at him, it feels different, he steals my words, collapses my lungs, squeezes my heart. Just with those hazel eyes.