Whisper - 8

Leave a comment below with what you thought, I know it's short, but I'm going to add more detail into later, this is merely the meat and potatoes, but since I haven't updated in a while, I wanted to give you something to hang onto. I'm terribly sorry if this chapter doesn't suffice and I promise next time I'll do better, but for now, it'll have to do, but remember! I haven't forgotten and I've been trying pretty hard believe it or not, so go ahead and read!

Love always,

Sophia<3  

_______________________________________________

               The hallways were fairly empty, and so I threw caution to the wind because I knew I was going to be late to class. Physics book in hand; I skidded around the corner, only to knock into someone else; clearly this was not my day. I did not make contact with the floor, instead, a hand pulled me back onto my feet before it got worse and when I looked up, I was quite surprised to say the least.

                “You know Munroe, we have got to meet on better terms next time,” Levi mocked, “I didn’t realize you were so susceptible to injury.”

                I frowned at him, “Today is not the day.”

                “When is it ever a good day for you?” He retorted swiftly, dropping my hand like a toxic snake.

                “The day you aren’t around is usually exceptional,” I mutter back starkly.

                “I know you don’t mean that, and secretly, you know you want me,” he gave a wink and smug grin, twirling a lock of my hair around his finger. I smacked his hand away with cold indifference. A few scattered conversations echoed through the halls, but the words were all too muffled to make out.

                “I think we both know you’re the last person I would ever want,” I reply to him, narrowing my eyes when his smirk grew only wider.

                He tipped my chin up, and suddenly, I had nothing more to say. His eyes left me captivated, mesmerized to say the least. I felt worthless and stupid when I realized that maybe my hormones had a little more control than I did to say the least. My brain screamed no, but every cell elsewhere screamed yes.

                His hand burned the skin that it touched, and my breath caught in my throat, the grin on his face faded away. Instead those deep eyes penetrated mine, and a very serious look played across his features, a welcome look on his usually smug face. My heart was beating like a bass drum on energy drinks, and I hoped, with flushed cheeks, he couldn’t feel it too.

                His face is close to mine, lowering so our lips almost brush, and they do when he begins to talk once more in a husky voice, “Really? The last person?”

                “Yes,” I whispered breathlessly.

                What would it be like to kiss him? How would his lips taste against mine? How would it feel? Would I like it? I had so many questions racing through my head, so much warmth flooding my veins as I thought about kissing him.

                His forehead was resting against mine, while our noses brushed, and every second that passed made the tension grow about ten times. Did I want to kiss him?

                There was a strong possibility that I did.

                His arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him, while I found my hand reaching up to his neck, holding him centimeters from my lips. My heart thundered in my ears, becoming even less dormant than before, and my pulse screamed with encouragement. A flush swept through my cheeks, rising on my chest.

                The thought began to sound good.

                I was going to kiss…Levi.

                What would this mean? Why was I stalling the inevitable?

                “Darcy Munroe to the office,” it was a loud and clear announcement over the intercom, causing Levi and I immediately to back away from each other. Our eyes meet, wide with confusion and trying to make sense of what just happened. I seem to come back to my senses first, and hurriedly walk away, towards the direction of the office.

                “I almost kissed Levi,” the dawning realization washes over me when this was voiced aloud, and I almost stumbled the more I thought about it.

                I was seriously going to kiss him. With my virgin lips.

                Levi.

                Of all people.

                Stepping through the office door, all I could think about were his lips. And how yes, I had wanted them on mine. Insert cringe now, except I couldn’t, because secretly even I can admit I was wishing for it, praying it would happen. So how comical is it that that announcement was so well planned?

                I realized my hands were balled into fists and relaxed them as I tried to calm my palpitating heart, to no avail of course, and my cheeks were still on fire.

                Maybe I really am a trollop?

                Since when did my enemy…become my living daydream?

                What is happening to me?

                I could only pray it ended soon, and even if it didn’t, I would never fall for Levi. What happened just now was pure coincidence. Yes, that’s exactly what it was. A coincidence.

                Too bad I couldn’t even convince myself with such a pitiful argument.