Whisper - 5

Readers,

I know it's been forever, I've been very busy and have no idea why I haven't been posting so much. I'm writing all the time but can't seem to finish. So I know this is short, but within two days when I get home I'll have a full weekend of just writing and posting every story :) I love being by myself and having all the time in the world. Aywho, do what you like. Leave some feedback.

Love,

Sophia<3

___________________________________________________

                “Well here’s what we’re going to do, honey,” the thick nurse said, digging through a drawer, the only thing I could watch were her big dangly earrings as they swung back and forth. She stood up, and gave me a smile I couldn’t return, “We’re going to give you some pain medicine, and an ice pack. Anytime you feel like you need to, just ice it on up. In time it will heal all on its own.”

                “Great,” I mumble, pressing my hands against the cot and pushing myself into standing position.

                “Mrs. Munroe, if you could kindly come with me,” she motioned to my mom, who gladly followed.

                “Honey go ahead out to the car,” my mom says opening her purse and looking for her cellphone.

                “Put this on your nose,” the nurse commands handing me an ice pack before she leaves. I do, begrudgingly.

                Besides the throbbing in my nose and the complete lack of coordination and sense of being in my body, I feel pretty free; I’m finally getting out of the hospital. So in shame, I drop my head and walk in the direction I think is the way out. Maybe it’s more of a gateway to my humiliation when I see a familiar pair of shoes stop in front of me, and hear a low chuckle of amusement from their owner.  

                “Your nose looks good,” Levi comments, his eyes flashing when I meet his gaze. I let out a snort, which makes me flinch, and I impersonate his sarcasm.

                “Are you stalking me?” I tease, and I see the smile widen on his face. I’m so confused, I figured it would have wiped it clean, not the opposite. He runs a hand through his dark hair before looking through me.

                “Darcy Munroe, I have better people to waste my time on, I’m here to pick up my grandmother,” he says in all sincerity, still a playful smirk on his mouth. It’s my turn to laugh now.

                “Of course you are, because you’re the type to pick up sweet and innocent grandma at the hospital, it’s really a daily occurrence I bet,” I mock, removing the ice pack for a second to give my face a break.

                “Grandma,” Levi says, a genuine smile crossing his features; he side steps around me to see his ‘grandma’. When I turn around, I feel like a complete idiot as an old woman loops her arm through his with the most darling smile. She reminded me of a more innocent Betty White, her big blue eyes crinkled in the corners when she looked at Levi. She looked at him with all the adoration in the world.