Chapter 8

Ratchet quickly finished patching up the wound on Bumblebee's torso, his only real concern being how deep the cut went.

"Is that okay?" he asked.

'Bee nodded.

"Good, take it easy!" Ratchet demanded, his glare was sharper than knives.

Bumblebee unconsciously shrunk under his gaze. It wasn't the first time this has happened, and far from the last. He hated when Ratchet did that, of course not as much as his wrench skills but the top 5.

::So what's the plan?:: Bumblebee asked.

Optimus, who was off to the side till this point made his way over, "You are to stay here."

::Should've seen that coming,:: 'Bee mumbled.

"Ratchet, you'll be joining us," Optimus announced.

Ratchet felt a little uneasy, "What do you need me for?" he questioned.

"You are an expert in medical and scientific reasoning, I was hoping you would be able to figure out what possibilities Airachnid possesses with Bumblebee's energon."

"Okay," he hesitantly replied. 'Finally my expertise is wanted,' Ratchet thought.

"We roll out in two cycles," Optimus confirmed.

::When were you planning on calling Megatron?:: 'Bee asked.

"His assistance is not needed," the Prime said.

::With all do respect Sire, what Airachnid wants, she gets. You're going to need all the fire power you can get if you want to stop that from happening.:: The yellow bot chirped.

Arcee stepped forward, "I concur with Bumblebee's statement, I know Airachnid and she clearly wants something, or else why would she randomly do... that," her servo gestured to 'Bee. "As much as I hate to say this, we're gonna Megatron's help."

"Alright then," With that, Optimus walked over to the console.

It took about three breems for Megatron to be fully updated on his sparkling's condition and another five cycles to figure out all the possible tricks the spider femme may use and how to get through all of them.

That was the hard part, the easy part is getting there, well for all but one. 'Bee was more than annoyed to be left at base alone, especially since this whole Airachnid thing is technically his problem. Last time he checked, the spider wanted him, not the others, then again what is there to expect? Maybe he should be happy to finally get a break, not have to worry about getting abducted a second time during the week or be a victim of another targeted attack.

The yellow scout shifted uncomfortably in his bandages, he was stuck staring at the wall while waiting for someone to update him. Jack, Miko and Raf were there, but Raf was busy with homework and the other two children didn't seem too interested in disturbing Raf to translate everything Bumblebee says for a conversation.

---

On the other hand, Optimus was leading his team through the bushes of the forest while Megatron kept his 'Cons on the smallest path that could exist. Their plan was simple in and out, the Decepticons distract Airachnid while the Autobots get any information they can. Followed simply by Megatron vowing he'd give Airachnid a fate worse than death for her actions, and Arcee planning on joining in on the fun.

"Airachnid!" Megatron called, as they finally arrived at the signal they had picked up.

The pitter-patter of eight metallic pedes were heard from the cave walls, revealing a rather unhappy femme, "What're you doing here Megatron?" she asked, a small army of Insecticons following behind her.

"Tell me, why did you leave the Decepticons?" The warlord asked.

The spider bot's face plate gave the look of confusion and dread. "Why so curious all of a sudden? You already know the reason, I found joy in hunting endangered species."

"I see, but couldn't you still do that as a Decepticon?" he asked.

"Well yes, but I also really hated you," she sneered.

"And the truth comes out," Starscream slyly mumbled.

Optimus took this as an opportunity to head into the cave. Surprising almost everyone, it was huge inside, about a little bit bigger than their own base. The science lab she had, was one Ratchet has been dreaming of since the Autobots left Cybertron. Unfortunately, one small step inside was enough for a small alarm to start. All the Insecticons they managed to sneak pass had come running. Optimus could practically hear Megatron face palming outside. Well they certainly screwed up.

___

Sorry about how long this took, writers block sucks. I know it's shorter than usual, but it's the final chapter before things get serious.