Epilogue

Megatron stood on the Nemesis' flight deck, his frame shifting ever so slightly with the wind. He finally understood why Bumblebee and Knockout enjoyed racing so much. Though he was not actually moving, the feeling of the breeze brushing against him whilst the ship travelled through the air felt quite familiar. 

Soundwave was standing close by, nodding his helm as if talking to someone, perhaps Laserbeak. Megatron had no guess as to why Soundwave was here with him, and if he had to be honest, he didn't really care. It was some nice company though. 

His comm. link pinged, a call from Bumblebee, "What?" 

::Wow, no hello? Rude. Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to... hangout? Optimus will be there, but it will just be us three.:: 'Bee asked.

"Sure, I'll come, but I'll need details." Sure the war wasn't over, but that doesn't mean he can't see his son.   

::Um, noon at the place where all of this began work for you?::

"Yep."

Soundwave watched his leader leave before returning to his conversation with Laserbeak.

---

Optimus sat idly by, with Bumblebee beside him, Megatron had yet to show up. The Prime could only stare in front of him, he pictured himself near death while Bumblebee and the other Autobots screamed for Megatron to stop. Optimus couldn't help but frown. 

Bumblebee hummed a tune similar to the one Raf taught him not that long ago. His processor kept bringing him back to Airachnid. Was she still alive? Did she manage to escape? He'll find out eventually, though Arcee did double check. 

"So, what's happening?" Megatron asked as he stepped out of the groundbridge.

"Absolutely nothing." Optimus replied.

"Oh."

::Really I just wanted to see how you were doing.:: Bumblebee stepped in.

"I'm good, haven't been able to kill anyone in a while, but otherwise good." Megatron said.

::Oh, cool..:: 

They sat there in silence for what felt like hours. Nobody really knew what to say. Optimus finally spoke up.

"I find it strange that this is where it all started. I mean this place looks almost exactly like everywhere else we've fought."

The other two are quick to agree.

::But I'm actually kinda glad that this did happen.:: 'Bee smiled.

Megatron's comm. link started to beep again, "Yes Starscream?"

"Lord Megatron, Soundwave has just located another relic that could be of interest." The seeker said over the comm.

The warlord sighed, "well, I gotta go... Starscream's being an idiot again," he lied. There was no way he was letting the Autobots get their servos on another relic.

Just as Megatron entered the groundbridge, Optimus got a call from Ratchet stating the same thing. He looked at Megatron, who had just disappeared, knowing full well he was after the same thing. 

"Understood, Ratchet, we're on our way."

Bumblebee, who had heard the conversation, spoke up, ::sometimes I wonder how you liked that guy, then I remember... um... you know what, never mind, I don't have any good jokes in mind.::

"That's a good thing."

::For you, maybe. But still, you get my point.:: 

"Indeed."

Bumblebee huffed as he followed Optimus through the bridge.