12

"Bad, im like really drunk and a little stoned Sam, and my family is all dead

"Bad, im like really drunk and a little stoned Sam, and my family is all dead. But it's my birthday!"

Just as you would think Lily life couldn't get any worse this was what the news reporter said

"Dead body found in hotel was identified as 38 year old Joshua Carpenter. Joshua was stabbed to death by what hotel security cameras caught as someone dressed in a Ghostface costume. Police are on the look for who's behind these murders, but are left with no evidence on this crime scene. As always I'm Rachel Harrison and that's your morning news!"

She had no family, she had nothing. In under 24 hours she lost everyone she actually loved. How is this even real? Why are the police doing anything?

It was hard but she waited until she got into the shower to cry her heart out. She had to stand there and watch her own brother's blood dripping down into the drain. Her tears blended in with the water.

She went to her room to get clothes and saw a note with a picture attached to it. it read from dad. The picture was of a younger Lillian in between her parents each kissing one of her tiny cheeks. She regrets not hugging her dad. You never know when it's gonna be the last time you see someone.

This gave her the idea to go see if her mom left me anything. She got dressed and went to her mom closet and saw a present and a note just like Gavin's except hers was in a gift bag.

She opened it and saw the sweater she wanted for months but it was like a hundred bucks. How did her mom afford it? That's why she's was working so much extra, for her daughter to get her present.

 How did her mom afford it? That's why she's was working so much extra, for her daughter to get her present

Lillian got two notes today and both of which have tear stains. She couldn't accept the fact that they were gone, and never coming back. Who would want to hurt them? They were the sweetest people ever, she trade any one of them places. Lily used to be scared of death but now she didn't want to be alive cause she just living in pain.

"Are you still going to the party?" Mindy asked her friend as she hugged her tightly, letting her cry into her. She just nobbed yes. Lillian wanted to get so drunk she can't remember her mom's call, yelling at her dad, holding her brother as he died.

Lily just wore sweatpants and a hoodie to the party. Chad was beating her by a long shot of being the drunkest person here, but she was the highest so she wins that one. She actually felt numb nothing could make her cry now.

"Keep pouring, Wheeler. Thank you." Chad made whoever Wheeler is top him off while Lillian waiting for him to take this shot.

"To Wes!" Chad called out as they clicked there shot glasses then downed the drink

"Beautiful son of a bitch. We love you, buddy!" A drunk Chad slapped Lilys shoulder so hard she dropped the glass.

"Shots, really? This is supposed to be a memorial." Amber was in disbelief that the girl who was against this whole thing was one of the drunkest here.

"Well, this is how I mourn and distract myself from the looming specter of Death." Chad let her know as she took the shot glass out of his hand.

"Hey, we're low on beer." Mandy came out on no where and told Amber after all she was the host.

"There's more in the basement. I'll go get some." Amber walked off alone, did she want to die? Mindy was quickly behind her.

"Are you scared of death?" Lillian asked her only boy friend as she glanced up at the celling that was spinning.

"Aren't you?"

"Nah, man. It happens to everyone you just got to accept it at some point." Lillian said like she was just the life expert, who's been around for thousands of year but really she was just stoned.

"When did you accept it?" Chad asked now also looking up at the ceiling

"Today."

"Oh sh-" there conversation got interrupted by Amber coming back with another beer for the blonde.

"I have your real birthday present waiting for you in my room." Amber said in a flirty voice that Chad understood but Lily didn't.

"Damn get it i guess." Chad laughed then slapped her shoulder again way too hard.

"Fucking stop that shit, what am I getting tho?" She asked Chad still not getting it, and she didn't understand until Amber was on top of her and taking turns between kissing her neck and lips. Then they got rudely interrupted by Lillians house going off. Lily grabbed it out of her pocket and saw her wallpaper, it was Gavin and her from the day they switched clothes for a tiktok.

tara

can you tell Amber to come down?

"Tara's here!" Lillian hopped up and showed Amber her phone so she could read the text. The two went downstairs and saw Tara and Sam and whatever his name is, let's just call him firecrotch.

"Hey, how are doing?" Sam asked her cousin as she hugged her, it took Lily a second before she realized what she was asking.

"Bad, im like really drunk and a little stoned Sam, and my family is all dead. But it's my birthday!" Lillian told her looking at Tara's fluffs on her coat.

"Im sorry, happy birthday!" Tara and Sam said at the same time.

"No sad birthday, I thought I just said that?"

"Are you guys here to party too?" Lillian hoped they would say yes.

"I need my spare inhaler." Tara let down her younger cousin, really hurting her feelings so she left that boring group of people. Just as she found more people to talk to firecrotch kicked everyone out! Who does he think he is?

"staring at the ceiling in the dark same old empty feeling your heart"
1029 words