Chapter 3 - Preparation

With those words Nathanael can't help but feel excited, a thought also popped up in his mind, that this is the type of cool adventure that he wanted to experience from watching and reading all those animations and comics. He can't help hide the fact that this is finally his time to be someone, to be the protagonist of a story. He completely brushed off about the part of not trusting Alcor because right now he shall be his most trusted partner. "I mean that is how stories are right?" he thought forgetting about the part of life and death, Nathanael is smiling, both hands in front formed into a knuckles thinking of how cool and finally this day has arrived "I know what's running through your mind you know."

Embarrassed after being called out he lowered his head, hid his 2 hands between his legs and went silent "Remember, I've known you even before you were brought to this world." He chuckled a little thinking how funny it was that he shrunk so fast.

Surprised at the small chuckle he left out, Nathanael wouldn't let this pass and he immediately sprung his head up and saw a little smile on Alcor's lips it was something new to him. "I didn't think you could smile..." he muttered.

Alcor was surprised at the remark "..." Unexpectedly he was speechless at the remark and wasn't able to say anything, instead he placed a hand on one of his cheeks as if in deep thought. The gesture gave Nathanael the idea that Alcor may have been surprised also, he just know Alcor for only 2 days so he was actually waiting for him to retort or something back to him but instead he was answered with silence.

With the silence that seems to not end he decided to be the one to break it "So... what should I do?"

Without saying anything Alcor shifted his eyes to look at Nathanael and then finally "First of you need to maintain your stamina."

"Stamina?" He repeated in confusion.

"Yes, so that when needed you have to run as fast as you can." Alcor answered without batting an eye. But to Nathanael it seems like something else as he gulped his saliva but continued on to listen to him intently.

"Second, you just need to polish your fighting since you already know 2 martial arts." Alcor eyed him as if him judging him "You learned 2 kinds of martial arts but do not always practice it." Then sighed as if implying that it was a waste.

"Well..." Alcor stopped him before even continuing.

"I know, I know. You do not have to voice it out." Alcor then proceeded "Third for now, if I need to add something I'll speak about it to you. Third is I will share you my power."

Nathanael's eyes widen at hearing the word of power. Remembering the times that Alcor has used it he is always fascinated and in awe at how those chain are showing up and how he is able to use them, especially the ability where he can use those rock spikes that seems to grow out of the chains. He felt exhilarated about the fact he can use weapons and also be able to finally use abilities that has something to do with the elements.

"Why are you too happy about this?" Alcor seems to have understood the reaction but still want to confirm it.

"It's just that I'm surprised that I'm finally in the fantasy world I wanted to experience and that I am the protagonist or even if I am just a supporting character I am still okay with that..." He smiled brightly forgetting about the dangerous parts.

"Isn't living this life that was given to you already a fantasy in itself?"

Nathanael was speechless. He didn't think of the life he was given to be something like that nor did it cross his mind. His head is now full of question and confusion about the things that is happening around him. Indeed he could say that living and breathing right now is a fantasy in itself but compared to what he has experienced he cannot seem to think that his life was a fantasy, though in a sense the world that he is living in seems to be like one.