Chapter 9 - Day of reckoning

~Wednesday -Evening-~

Evangeline just came home from work and she just stared at the two that is in front of her, she, in all honesty is very worried about the identity of the two person in front of her. The two person being Alcor and Mizar who seems to be like inside the house 24/7 leaving her to think "Does my little brother let you two sleep here?"

"If you are talking about things like sleep overs, then yes, he does let us sleep." Mizar replied. He replied in haste to lead her attention to him instead of what Alcor's response may be. Because to the both of them they know that Alcor tends to reply in a very snarky manner, which they are trying to prevent.

Though she is surprised at the two because aside from being twins –is what they always say to humans-, they are identical in her eyes and both handsome at that. The fact that they are handsome also stands out but she just can't believe that both twins have white hair and crimson eyes, she guesses that maybe that is what being identical is and she is actually fascinated "Thanks for taking care of him, so how is he?" Evangeline said who is now starting to prepare the meal that she bought.

"His fever comes and goes." Alcor said watching Evangeline.

Thankfully though their voices are somewhat different she thought "Have you eaten? You can join me?" Evangeline offered.

"No, we just ate, thanks for the offer." He said eyeing Alcor.

Additionally it seems their personality is different also she added in her thoughts "Whenever he is sick, it would usually last for a whole week. So for sure it will also last that long. Thankfully though, he doesn't have a cold or cough, so hopefully he will heal faster." She said while looking around for something.

"By the way, what did you feed him?" she said staring at the clean dishes that are being dried, which actually seems to not have been touched as this were still the ones she used earlier in the morning.

The two looked at each other "Well... he is having problem with his taste buds so we had a hard time feeding him." Mizar scratches his nape, which to be honest had given them a real hard time earlier.

"So we just fed him some bread which he can consume." Alcor added, remembering the earlier thing that happened.

"Ahhh... that does happen from time to time." It seemed that the puzzling look on her face faded upon hearing their words, seems to have earned her trust since she still had some suspicion on the two.

-Veranda-

To avoid suspicion, the two made their way to the veranda before checking out Nathanael. After that, they checked if Evangeline is near the area so they could start a conversation.

Well to start a conversation meaning they have to change their forms and survey the near areas to make sure that no one is listening.

"Humans are so complicated." Mizar sighed in defeat and started on going above their favorite spot, the roofs.

"That is why I always say that this given assignment to me greatly displeases me." Alcor expressed sighing as if he is relieved of something.

Mizar stared at him for a moment "You do know that there is one easy way for you to do that right, you know with just a snap?"

Alcor glared at him and Mizar's response is to slump back on the roofs "I'm just kidding, I know you won't do something crazy like that."

Silence fell for a short while "Though you could just let him ... you know. I mean when he is attack you could just let-" Mizar suggested