34

(Narrator POV)

The couple made their way back upstairs, Minji pushed the door open, and Y/n followed in.

"You guys took your time," Yunjin who was currently leaning against Somi's shoulder, pointed towards the two at the door.

"We know," Minji nodded, "Y/n had some sort of problem with a guy." She chuckled.

Yunjin sat up at the news, completely forgetting that she was intoxicated by the alcohol.

"Was he at least cute?" Yunjin asked.

Minji turned to Y/n waiting for her response.

"No," Y/n laughed, "Well, not for me anyways," she smiled, looking towards Minji.

"Is it because you're with Minji, or is it because he generally wasn't cute." Somi asked, taking her drink from Y/n's hands.

"Both..." Y/n smiled again, making her friends 'ooh' in excitement.

"I feel kind of bad though," Y/n scoffed.

"And why's that?" Giselle tilted her head, looking at Y/n, who took her seat next to Minji.

"Well, because he was trying so hard, and Minji just came and swooped me away from him." Y/n laughed.

"What did she even say?" Yujin asked, curious as to why Y/n was laughing.

"Basically, Minji came up behind me, and since she was hugging me, he asked if we were friends or something." Y/n stiffled a laugh.

"And Minji was poking fun at him because she kissed me right in front of him after saying that we're just friends." Y/n turned to Minji while her friends were laughing at Y/n's story.

"What?" Minji laughed, "I just wanted to make it obvious." She said nonchalantly.

"But that was so mean of you," Y/n smiled, "you gave him false hope, I could see the disappointment on his face."

"As he should be," Minji spoke calmly, "he can't be anywhere near my girl." Minji took Y/n's hand, holding it tightly.

"Did he say anything after or what?" Yunjin laughed.

"He found it awkward after and excused himself from us." Y/n replied.

"Wow, Minji," Yujin laughed, "you probably made him feel embarrassed after."

"That doesn't matter," Minji shrugged as she pulled Y/n to sit her on her lap, leaning her chest against Y/n's back, "what only matters to me is that he knows that Y/n's taken." Minji rested her chin on Y/n's shoulder.

"Seems like someone's a bit protective." Yunjin teased.

"Who wouldn't be protective of Y/n?" Minji replied, leaning by Y/n's ear, "especially if you're looking like that." Minji whispered, making Y/n unconciously blush.

"Yah, you guys are so cute. I'm actually going to cry myself to sleep." Somi jokingly complained after seeing how happy they were, inducing another laugh from the girls, nodding in agreement.

-

The party continued until late, and Yuna and her friends had joined Y/n and the girls for a while.

The room was full of gossip and chatter as they sat together, but eventually once everyone began leaving, as they started to feel the exhaustion hit them, the house emptied out one by one after saying goodbye to the birthday girl.

Y/n and the girls were outside. It was currently 2:24 a.m., and everyone was somewhat tired but still had the energy to talk.

Yunjin and Somi were, however, giggling and tipsy, holding onto Y/n and Giselle as they stood outside.