18+ Birthday Special

a.n:
happy birthday to kim minji!!

this is her book after all so on her special day it deserves a special chapter

anyways, this doesnt really have anything to do with the storyline, so i guess think of it as a oneshot

thank you for reading so far and enjoy!

-
(warning 18+ Narrator POV)

Both Minji and Y/n were exceptionally busy with their work.

Y/n was especially busy with an upcoming tournament, so that meant endless practice.

Y/n spent most of her time at the sportshall instead of at home, it was almost concerning, it even made Minji worry.

But her worries were pushed aside when she knew that Y/n was still taking care of herself properly, drinking water frequently and eating proper meals so she wouldn't fall sick.

Minji was on the sofa, peacefully sitting down waiting for Y/n to come home.

It was her birthday.

But it seemed like nothing was prepared from Y/n for her birthday.

The korean recieved birthday messages from her friends and even went out for lunch with them to celebrate but blocked off her evening for Y/n, just in case she had anything planned.

Minji wasn't disappointed or anything, she understood the current circunstances of Y/n.

She saw how exhausted Y/n was every night she came home.

The look of exhaustion was always on her face when she came home, and Minji would always make it better with a few kisses and spoil her girl in affection.

This time though, Minji had a glimmer of hope in her heart that Y/n would come back in a slightly better mood.

It was her birthday afterall.

She wasn't asking for a whole surprise party of anything extravagant.

She just wanted quality time with her lover.

Nothing more.

Minji's heart skipped a beat when she heard the door unlock. And she instantly swivelled her head to watch the door swing open.

To her luck, it seemed like Y/n was in a better mood than most days.

She smiled to herself when she saw Y/n close the door, before locking eyes with each other.

"Baby." Y/n smiled, dropping her bag in an instant once she saw Minji who was turned around and looking in her direction.

"Hi." Minji smiled back, holding her arms open for Y/n to hug her.

Y/n jumped over the sofa to quickly join Minji and instantly cuddled her tightly.

"How was practice?" Minji asked, her head buried in the crook of Y/n's neck.

"Tiring as always." She sighed, "how was your day?"

Minji's heart shattered slightly at the question.

Did she forget it was her special day?

Minji bit her lip with a forced smile, "all good now that you're here." She replied.

Y/n could sense a change in Minji's mood.

Her eyes widening at the realisation of something.

"Did something bad happen? I thought you went out with the girls for lunch?" Y/n tilted her head.

"Yeah..." Minji nodded, "I did.."

Y/n frowned, "baby, is there something I'm missing?"

Minji shook her head, "no there isn't, just a little tired."