39

"Y/n?" Natasha picks up the phone confused as to why I'm calling.

"Hey I'm out on a coffee run which is why I'm calling instead but I just got an email about a mixer tonight with the joint Danvers firm, you've been invited."

"Oh okay."

"Does that mean your going?" I ask trying to balance the multiple coffee orders in my hands.

"Yeah I guess I have to go if I want to make a good impression."

"Great I'll bring you an outfit and have the driver pick you up at 7" I hung up the phone making my way back to the office hoping I didn't spill any drinks on the way.

———
I thanked the driver before grabbing Romanoffs attire for this evening and making my way up to her office.

"Okay here's your dress and your shoes are in the duffel bag." I drop off everything as I turn about to head out.

"Y/n?"

"Yes?" I turn around as she looks up from her desk.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" She looks at me one step ahead as I try and recall my to do list. "Uh no I think that's everything."

"You do know your coming with me right?" My face drops as I take a moment to understand what she just said.

"Oh I wasn't aware..." I quickly look at the clock knowing I only have 30 minutes before the driver should be here and I'm in no shape ready to go out.

"You are my assistant and I need your assistance with this event tonight so I hope you'll be ready in time."

"O-of course." I nod my head. "See you at 7." I give her a small smile before I rush out of the office trying to figure out what I'm gonna do. I grab my phone scrolling through my contacts before hearing it ring.

"Hey are you around? I need a favour."

———
"You are a life saver thank you." I walk over to Wanda who pulls up right outside the front doors.

"My one day off and I still can't get away from the office." She jokes as I give her a quick hug and wave goodbye.

Thanks to Wanda I now have an outfit so all I have to do is change. I check the time before heading for the elevator.

5 minutes. I'll be fine right?

"Y/n it's 7 where are you?" Natasha answers assertively on the phone as I quickly dash out of the bathroom.

"Don't worry I'm just behind you." I reassure her as I hop down the hall trying to slip on my heels.

"Really where, because I'm currently standing right outside the door and your not here."

"I promise I'm coming the elevators just a bit slow."

"Then take the damn stairs." She hangs up the phone as I frown. No way in hell am I taking the stairs in heels.

We walk into the event simultaneously as I'm met with black marble floors, dimly lit lights and a clear glass window view of the entire city.

"Wow this is lovely." I mumble looking around in awe.

"Pick your chin up off the floor." Natasha scolds. "Just because we're a semi joint firm doesn't mean we have to people please tonight."

"Stop acting like you have a stick up your ass. We can still be nice to the other employees." I snip back as I see her glare at me from the corner of my eye.

Before she's able to respond a blonde woman makes her way over to us intruding on our conversation. "You must be the infamous Romanoff." She holds her head high before extending her hand out to the red. "I'm Carol, Carol Danvers head of the other part of the joint firm."