Forty

I slowly wake up. I'm in a room. Lying on the cold floor or a mattress. I look around. No one is around. I'm back at the school. I feel like I've just been through an avalanche. My muscles were sore and limp. I shakily stand up. My wounds were bandaged but the blood still soaked through. 

What happened? I notice I'm not in Hell anymore. Did we win? Is everyone still alive? Am I dead? No. I doubt I'm dead. I grip my head. Everything feels numb. I don't feel the fire in my system anymore. I remember the Hellhound being ripped out. Am I free? Am I able to live normally?

"Kenshin. You're awake." Karou enters. 

"Hi." I say. 

She puts a plate of food and cloth down. She unwraps my bandages. I wince. She dabs them with water. I bite my lip. 

"Sorry." She chuckles.

"It's fine." I say. 

She then tightens but the bandages.

"It's good that your awake." The man enters.

"You never told me your name." I look at him.

"Heh." He chuckles.

He takes off his mask. His face is scared and his eyes were gorged out. 

"My name is Kaio." He answers.

"What happened to your eyes?" Karou asks.

"Eh. Nasty busniess with a demon." Kaio shrugs.

He puts his mask back on.

"Megumi and Enishi are eating." Karou says to me.

"Okay." I say.

I was just about to ask where they were.

"I'm glad you're okay. However, we've got more problems. The Devil's still alive and he's pissed. He's going to be coming after you and us." Kaio says.

"We'll fight him off." I say.

"We better or else the world is screwed." Kaio says.

I stand up. Karou helps me up.

"It's only a matter of time before he decides to attack us." Kaio says.

"Then we'll be ready for him." I say. 

The End