Interference

Huffing out a breath T.K. sagged against a brick wall, basking in what he and the group had just accomplished. Matt laughed at him from across the way as his body went limp against it. "That tired already, T.K.? All we did was save the world."

Sora slapped Matt's arm playfully and fixed him with a stern look, before smiling softly at T.K. "Ignore him. Your brother loves to pretend that this is easier than it actually is."

"I always do, Sora. I always do." T.K. winked at Sora causing Matt to contort his face in mock offense, earning a laugh from the others. After a beat of silence, T.K. spoke again.

"At least there's a positive here..." T.K. thought out loud causing most of the group to look at him, "Sorry...I just meant that now it will be easier to talk to Ephram. Telling him about the Digital World and introducing him to Patamon will be a walk in the park."

"How do you figure?" Joe asked, pulling a piece of debris out of Gomamon's orange mohawk, causing a smile to light up the Digimon's face. 

"Well, there's no way he could've missed that right?" T.K. motions to the site of the battle as Patamon plops onto his head. T.K. reaches up to scratch under Patamon's chin affectionately. "You know, with the giant Digimon and all. So it shouldn't be too hard for him to understand that there are good Digimon too."

"I can't wait to finally meet him, T.K.! From what I've seen he's great!" Patamon proclaims from atop his head as T.K. pulls out his phone to check the time with a smile. His smile slipped just slightly when he saw that he was running later than he planned...and that Ephram still had not messaged him back. 

T.K. shook away any negative feelings that could've started blossoming when Kari placed an arm around his neck. She looked at him sternly and slowly brought her finger up to his forehead, ungracefully trying to smooth down his brow. "You're too pretty to get wrinkles, so stop that right now! He's probably just wrapped up in the planning for that story he'd mentioned to you. Don't stress!"

T.K. swatted her hand away with a laugh, "Okay, Okay! Just stop touching my wrinkles, you weirdo!" 

"See!" Mimi laughed out, "This is why so many people thought you were dating!"

Kari playfully pushes T.K. away from her and fixes her face in an unimpressed expression, "Oh heavens no! T.K. isn't my type!" 

"Hey! That's my line!" T.K. barked back at her with feigned anger, before dissolving into a laugh. "How dare you friendzone me before I friendzone you!"

Matt looked at his younger brother and laughed, but T.K. could feel the pride behind his brother's eyes. Matt had mentioned on more than one occasion--between saving the world and reconnecting with their Digimon--that T.K. seemed to be feeling better. Matt's way of saying T.K. was more himself now that he was out of the closet.

T.K. shook off his thoughts and pointed playfully at Patamon, "Into the digital space, you go! I'm telling Ephram about you, not his entire family. I could just imagine the look on Uri's face!"

Patamon huffs out a breath in response but enters the Digital Space with a smile. Gatomon jumps in as well and Kari starts walking in the same direction as the Meyer home, ahead of T.K. "We're coming too! I think it's time I meet Ephram properly--not mid-breakdown." 

"Okay! But wait up! Let me call him first! He doesn't even know that we're coming over!" T.K. laughs as he runs up to her. 

When he catches up to Kari, T.K. pulls out his cell again and dials Ephram's number, Kari badgering him, "Put it on speaker!"

He complies, but after ringing once his phone's speaker is broadcasting a loud, almost violent static. His face shows his concern, but Kari lays a hand on his arm. "Try again...Let's not freak out just yet...Even though that is really weird..."