Chapter 20

Park Chanyeol

I groaned, feeling rather stressed out. "Why is she still not answering me?" I muttered, tightly gripping onto my duvet.

Maybe I should ask Minseok if he's talked to her recently.

I got up and made my way to his apartment. I knocked on the door twice, until Chen opened up, smiling right when he saw me.

"Chanyeollie~ what brings you here?" he asked, opening the door completely and letting me in.

"Is Umin hyung here?" I asked, stepping inside. I took a seat on the couch, and so did Jongdae.

He crossed his legs. "Minseok left a few hours ago. I think he's visiting that girl, the one he likes. You know, Sunhee."

"Oh, he is?" I ran a hand through my hair. "Okay, then. I'll just... leave."

"See ya later!" he shouted as I approached the door.

Once it was closed, I sighed. So he was with her. And she still didn't dare answer my texts. Alrighty, then.

To: Minseok

Hyung, can you please tell Sunhee to answer me? Thanks~^^

Honestly, I was so desperate to speak to her. Please don't think weirdly, it's just that she left so suddenly and never answered again. We hadn't fought, or anything similar, so there was no possible explanation as to why she was ignoring me. Maybe she got tired of hanging out with me? Was that it?

Look, Kim Sun-hee, you can't get tired of me! You promised...

From: Minseok

Okay.
How did you know I was with her? What a creep o_o

I laughed, picturing Kyungsoo staring at me like that.

Wow, I am seriously childish...

To: Minseok

Thanks, hyung. Please take care of her. And let's just say I have contacts ;)

I decided to take a nap afterwards. For some reason, I was feeling abnormally tired. I had been feeling a constant exhaustion for a few days now.

~~~

I felt my phone vibrate beside me. I slowly opened my eyes, letting out a yawn. I groaned, rolling my eyes at the device. "Why do you always wake me up?" I asked it. I opened the text message that woke me up.

From: Sun~

Chanyeol, are you there?

I noticed that there were several texts. All from her.

From: Sun~

Channie... I'm sorry for ignoring you. I just didn't feel like talking to anyone. Sorry, oppa~~
Chanyeol?
Park Chanyeol... it's been an hour.
Are you alright?
Chanyeol?!
Do you want me to go there? Did something happen?
Gosh, don't make me worry like this. Because I'm so preoccupied, I made Minseok drop me off.
Please answer me!

I laughed at what the screen read. She was worried because I hadn't answered in two hours. What a cute best friend, don't you think?

To: Sun~

ㅋㅋㅋㅋ. I was taking my beauty sleep. I'm sorry for worrying you unnecessarily.
You just love me so much.

Right then, I received a call. Obviously from her.

"Hey! You jerk!" she screamed at the phone. "I thought you were dead, or something."

"Awww," I cooed. "You care about me."

I could imagine her rolling her eyes. "It's not that. I just wouldn't want you to die without me smacking you for the last time."

I laughed, shaking my head slightly. "Whatever you say." It went silent for a few seconds. "How did things go with Minseok?"

"We had a good time. He took me on a date."

"Oh, I see. That's good to know." I smiled although she couldn't see me.

"Chanyeollie, do you think you can visit me soon?" she asked.

I quickly stood up from the bed. "Sure thing. How about right now?"

~~~

After changing my outfit, I made my way to her residence. She was waiting for me outside, wearing nothing but some pyjama shorts and a tank top. She didn't even have shoes on. Ah, what a charming girl.

"Hello, friend," she greeted, doing a small bow.

I rolled my eyes and quickly embraced her. "Aren't we friends? You don't have to bow."

She just giggled against my chest. "Let's go upstairs," she said once we let go of each other.

We climbed the stairs up to her room. I immediately collapsed on the bed and she lied beside me. We were facing each other, our faces pretty close, and for some strange reason, my heart beat quickened, so much that it felt as though my fragile heart was about to pop out of my chest.

Suddenly, a smile formed on her lips, and then she bit the lower one. I nearly choked at the sight. I tried to smile back, but it was more of a nervous smile. I could even feel my palms getting clammy.

Why are you even getting nervous, you idiot? She likes Minseok, remember?

"So tell me, what did you do for the past few days?" I asked, not being able to unglue my eyes from hers.

"I just... cleared my mind."

"Is that so? You look sicker than usual." I gave her a quizzical stare.

Well, it was the truth. She would sometimes look sick. If not pale, then she'd have huge eye bags, or she would just look tired and done with everything. But that day, she looked sicker than usual.

She tittered rather suspiciously. "I- I don't... I just haven't, uh, been sleeping well lately."

"Ah, I see. The thought of me kept you awake." I smirked.

She clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right. Keep on dreaming, Park Chanyeol."

"I promise I will." I smiled and pinched her cheek. "Did you miss me?"

"Why would I?" She swatted my hand and smirked.

I was trying hard to resist her charms. Although she wasn't as charming as you'd think, but there was just something about her that made her utterly alluring.

She was beautiful. No, wait, scratch that. Actually, she was gorgeous. Besides that, she was very intelligent, nice and sweet, and awkward at times, but for some reason, that just made her cuter and more appealing to the eye. She was also a very diligent person. She had a great body, a bit too thin for my liking, but she still looked okay.

And that's why, my friends, my best friend was completely irresistible to me. But what could I possibly do about it?

Well, I just stared and did nothing. First of all, she had feelings for one of my mates. Also, she was my best friend, and we all know how romantic relationships/confessions usually end up ruining friendships. I wasn't willing to go through that, nor did I want her to reject me. I was afraid of rejection. So I just gazed at her, before shaking my head slightly and looking away.

Whatever these feelings were, they had to go away somehow.