Chapter 13

Taylor's P.O.V
::::::A week later:::::

"Taylor wake up, time to go"
I groan and open my eyes to see Shaye gently shaking me trying to get me to wake up.
"Go where?" I mumbled
"To the lake silly"
"Why? Its frozen"
"I think thats the point of ice fishing Tay. Come on, Cory and Caitlyn and waiting outside for you"
"Fine" I whined and got up. 5 minutes later I was downstairs all ready to go.
"Shaye, call me if something goes wrong!"

2 days before.....

"Hey Taylor, want to go ice fishing with us Saturday?" Cory and Caitlyn asked while I was at my locker.
"Um, I don't think I can"I answered.
"Why not?" Caitlyn asked.
"Because, I, um, have to watch some kids." I lied
"Can't Shaye watch them for a few hours, you promised you'd go with us next time we went remember?"
I sighed "Yeah, I remember. Fine I'll go"
They both smiled, "Ok, see you Saturday morning!" Caitlyn said before running off with her brother following behind.

......Present Time

Me, Caitlyn, and Cory were at the park walking towards the lake. We arrive at the lake and I looked warily at it, "Are you guys sure the ice is safe right now?" I asked.
They nod, "Yup, we checked it, plus look at all the other people out on the ice"
I look out across the lake and like they said, there were 3 other groups out on the ice.
"Come on" Caitlyn said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards the frozen lake, Cory following behind with all the equipment.
30 minutes later we were all set up and on the ice.
"I forgot the other pole" Cory muttered.
"I'll go ask someone if they have A extra?" I offered.
"Ok, just be careful."
I nod and start walking towards another group. As I was walking the ice started to crack. Before I could move the ice broke and I fell through into the ice cold water.
My whole body went under before I pushed myself above the water. I gripped the edges of the ice and tryed to pull myself up but I couldn't and my hands slipped.
I thrashed around trying to keep myself up above water but I was growing colder and weaker by the second. I finally saw Cory, Caitlyn, and some other people trying to help me but the ice was really thin. My vison started to darken around the edges and I was shivering severely. Last thing I heard was Caitlyn yelling my name before I blacked out.