eleven

⋆ eleven ⋆ 

⋆ eleven ⋆ 

Peter's suit disappears as the two teenagers appear in a dark room, with nothing around. Slowly, Peter takes a step forward, then another, then another, venturing further and further into the space.

"Doctor-"

A roaring emanates from some sort of creature near him, Peter jumping back in shock, then again when he sees the octopus man in some kind of glass container behind him. Then a scream when someone touches his shoulder.

He whirls around in shock, only to see Doctor Strange, looking rather harried. "Be careful what you wish for, Parker."

Xara just watches everything going on, not having expected any of this to go down when they video called that morning. "Where are we? Why is it so dimly lit? Why is Doctor Strange here? That's Doctor Strange, right? I've never seen him in person..."

"Yeah, that's Doctor Strange... Can you please explain to us what's going on?" Peter pleads, glancing around in a panic.

The man just huffs in annoyance. "That little spell that you botched where you wanted everyone to forget that Peter Parker is Spider-Man? It started pulling in everyone who knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man, from every universe!"

The panicked look Peter sends in Xara's direction is enough for her to realise that this was the stupid thing she was scared about. Her fingers press against her temples, struggling to process what's happening. "Hang on a second. There's a spell?"

"He tried to get the world to forget Peter Parker was Spider-Man."

"Wait, you tried to make me forget??"

Peter tries to remedy the mistake. "No, not exactly-"

"Wait, so we wouldn't even be dating anymore?"

"Did you only date me because I was Spider-Man?"

"No, but that's how you started paying attention to me in the first place!"

"Forget that!" The octopus man shouts, intervening in the conversation. From all the people not knowing what's going on, it's clear he's the most confused. "Who are you? Where am I?!"

Doctor Strange interjects before Peter can respond. "I think it's better if we don't engage with him because, frankly, the multiverse is a concept about which we know frighteningly little."

Xara's lips shut. Any questions she has die down, knowing that the answers will just confuse her more and more. Instead she just takes a seat exactly where she's standing, closing her eyes for a moment to process.

A spell? Forgetting Peter? The multiverse?

All she wanted to do was have her cheese and pickle sandwich in peace after her depressing rejections, and it seems the universe just had more shit to throw her way.