30

Timeskip- next day

3:48pm

Y/n's pov-

"What about this one?" I ask Hailee as we are in target getting a pen for her since her other one ran out of ink.

"Hmm. I don't know." She replies looking at other pens.

"Come on, there's no way it takes you this long just to pick out one pen." I say holding a pen up in her face.

"Well I write my own music! Which means I have to do a lot of writing. I'm committed to my pen choices because of that." She responds.

"Cant you get by using a cheap dollar store one? I use them. You can have one of mine if you want." I offer.

"Absolutely not. First of all, sometimes the ink in those pens don't flow smoothly, and it distracts me when I'm in the zone." She says.

"And second yours are gross. You stick paper label on them, and as time passes, they disintegrate and the glue attracts dirt to the pen." She reply's.

"I clean my pens man!" I reply feeling offended.

"Not enough to get the glue off." She says looking at more pens.

"Well, how about you at least test the less expensive ones so you can properly confirm that they're not worth buying?" I say.

"Fine." She says giving in.

"Here. Test them on that sheet of paper." I say bringing her over to paper.

"Hmm. This one is an ugly colour. This one feels weird to hold. Oh, nope, this one smudges." She says putting it back

"Come on. Is that how you test pens properly?"

"How else am I supposed to do it?" She asks

"Watch this. Here. I'll draw something." I say picking up a blue pen.

"Here's a house... and I'll add a chimney... and some smoke. You add something, too." I say as she gives me a dirty look.

"I don't see how this is better than practicing a signature."

"You write for long periods of time, don't you?"

"When you draw, you get in the zone. Once the pen starts acting up, it disrupts what you're writing halfway, and you notice.This drawing is a simulation of when your pen interrupts your flow during an essay.Come on. Draw something." I say as she is still giving me a dirty look.

"Fine." She says picking up a brown pen.

"Uh... here's... um. I can't draw." She says drawing something random.

"What is that supposed to be??" I ask about to laugh.

"I don't know!! I panicked." She says.

"That's okay. Here. I'll draw around your little doodle... and now it's a bush next to the house. And I'll add some flowers next to it." I say drawing.

"Here. That's me. A stick figure is all I can draw." She says feeling proud of herself.

"Hey, great job! I love it. I'll add some hair... and maybe another stick figure... and maybe glasses.
Now it's you and me." I say liking the drawing.

Hailee does something with the hands making me confused.

"What are you doing to the hands?" I ask.

"I'm connecting them. Now we're holding hands."

Aw.

"Okay, we're getting off-track. I have to choose a pen." She says looking at other pens.

"Are you just saying that to avoid being sentimental?" I say almost making fun of her.

"...No."

"Well, it's not working, because that was cute." I say.

"Hmm. Based on the drawing, I think I prefer this one." She says holding up the pen she was drawing with.

"Alright. Are we finally ready to go now?"

"Yeah. I'll go pay for this." She says walking.

"Wait." She says stopping making me bump into her so I hold her waist so she doesn't fall. (You're taller)

"What is it?" I ask.

"This one doesn't have a grip. I don't want it anymore." She says

"Oh my God."

Sorry I haven't been updating on here, I didn't know what else to write but now I do

666 words...........