LXXX

After crossing through the mirror into an empty room that contained only a bed, a large chair, and dozens of mirrors on the walls, Katakuri carefully placed you down on the bed. He then used his ability to bind your wrists and ankles together, along with your waist down to the bed.

"Why are you tying me down? I've already agreed to your stupid demand," you called out to the witch as she stood a little ways off at the corner. Your annoyance was obvious enough. You didn't understand why they still treated you like a captive.

"Until you're officially married, we have to ensure that you don't escape," it was Katakuri who replied after he moved away from the bed.

You laid with your head against the pillow, taking in the sweet and alluring scent of the house that was made with biscuit walls and... well, everything was edible.

Were you really going to spend some time on an island that was near completely edible? The concept seemed bizarre. You didn't fit in... In fact, you doubted that you would ever be able to.

"Where do you think I'd escape to exactly?" You asked. However, you were already aware of the reason behind their concerns.

You trusted your sight and were very confident that you saw Luffy earlier. He and his crew must have been on the island at the current moment, and they didn't want to risk him finding out.

"You just worry about resting that pretty little head of yours," Brulée said bitterly, walking towards the door, "Before I leave, do you have any specific requirements for your wedding dress? Maybe white frills or a floral cut-out lace?"

You kept your mouth sealed shut, and she took that as an approval.

"I'll tell the seamstress just that," she said, walking out of the door. Katakuri didn't say a word. He simply walked to the chair and sat down in it with one leg crossed over the other. He proceeded to cross his arms over his chest, then hung his head low with his eyes closed to sleep.

"I'm really uncomfortable here," you called out to him, but he didn't react at all. You pouted angrily. You tried to arch your back upwards, and the substance didn't budge at all. It was firm above your waist.

As for your arms, you could freely move them and bend them, though your wrists were bound and you couldn't do much with your hands. Using what little freedom of movement you had, you brought your hands up to your face to examine the substance closely.

It still smelled sweet, making you wonder if it could have been edible like everything else in Totto Land. You wanted to test out that theory, so you stuck out your tongue only slightly and placed the tip of it against the smooth surface.

It tasted good... It was almost delicious. You couldn't help but wonder if you would have been able to eat through it to free yourself.
With your tongue still stuck out, you glanced to the side from the corner of your eye when you felt a glare and saw Katakuri quietly watching you with intensity in his eyes. Your cheeks heated up from embarrassment and quickly moved your hands away and closed your mouth.

"S-Sorry... it smells so good. I wanted to know..." You couldn't bring yourself to say it due to the shame you felt. If you could, you would have turned your back to him so that he wouldn't see your face.

"If it's edible? It's mochi paste, so yes," he answered and right afterwards you felt the substance harden around your wrists, "I wanted you to be as comfortable as necessary but since you can't behave yourself..."

In only seconds, the paste was so hard that you were sure it would leave bruises for later. You threw your head back on the pillow and stared up at the mirrors on the ceiling. It was awkwardly silent, and that irked you. Before long, you started to constantly glance at him, and his eyes remained closed.