Miss Lovesick. (Shauna Shipman x Fem!Reader)

(Started this at 8:40 AM 😩)

(Can we take one second to appreciate how Shauna looks at Jackie? I just know that Shauna got with Jeff because that was the closest that she'd ever get to dating Jackie. My favorite Girlfailures 💕✌️😭😩)

You've always been close with Shauna, even before you joined the team you two had been close. Maybe it was because of your teeny weeny crush on her that you could never give up on your friendship with her.

Even if it hurt you seeing Shauna and Jackie so close, you wanted the best for her. And that's what Jackie was. The best for her.

Everytime you did ask if anything was going on between Jackie and Shauna, both of the girls would dramatically gasp in no or just plainly said the two letter word.

It gave you some comfort, but you know if it was true it would hurt deeper than if they just said it to you.

It gave you hope, wish, desire to try and further more develop your friendship with Shauna other than just best friends into something romantic or intimate.

You always loved to flirt with Shauna. Not in a romantic way, but subtly, always gave her hints.

Grabbing her hand randomly, just somehow seemingly appearing from thin air just to hug her, you gave her cheesy pick up lines which she always laughed at. You didn't know if it was from pity, if she found them funny, or if she just didn't know how to respond.

Though these last days you couldn't help but see how she's grown distant from you.

You don't know what could've started it.

Did you do something wrong?

Does she not want to hang out with you anymore?

Does she not like you anymore?

Does she not wanna be your friend?

Does she hate you?

You were and always have been scared of those words being Shauna's, and even more scared of those words being directed to you.

You almost felt your heartbreaking at the thought.

It would be better if i left her.

If i ignored her.

If i held no interaction with her if not needed.

Maybe that's what she wants.

If you don't talk to her, that means that she'll never be able to tell you that she hates you.

Smart idea.

You started to ignore Shauna, hanging out with Taissa and Van. (#Thirdwheeler)

You still hung out with Jackie, just specifically requested that she don't bring Shauna along.

She always said yes, not finding it in her heart to ever decline your requests.

You thought she'd be happy if you left Shauna alone, y'know?

Cause Jackie liked Shauna, right?

Yeah, Jackie has a boyfriend, but it's obvious she's only doing that cause it's what she's supposed to do.

During football practice, you mostly hung out with the names i listed above. (Van Taissa, Jackie.)

While you ran the laps, and warmed-up, you always saw Shauna peeking or glancing at you whenever she could and or got the chance to.

You thought it was strange, because you thought she hated you.

Maybe she's trying to mask it.

Yes, that's it.