Chapter 4: Playtime

(A/N) Hi! Sorry for not making any chapters, I was grounded! But I did take the time to think through the next few chapters, so enjoy!

(Pico's POV)

I woke up to the night sky and Aqua asleep on my chest, her breathing steady and slow. I have no idea how she pulled through with an injury like that. She's been so chill about it, like it hadn't even existed. She also seemed more confident with her word choice and actions, like she knew something and felt the same. Oh my God! She knows and feels the same! That must be it! How she's been there for me like she has, the way she always comforted me, our kiss... Letting Aqua sleep a bit longer, i looked around at our current surroundings, then at her, then at the stars. She didn't deserve an alleyway to hide in; she deserved better.

"Mmmmh... P-Pico?" I heard Aqua mumble as i looked down to meet with her soft gaze. God, she's so beautiful. "Hey, cutie. How are you holding up?" I asked with a bit more confidence. "Fine, I guess, still tired though." she said and yawned after. "Yeah, tell me about it..." I scoffed. "...You hate this alleyway already, do you?" Aqua asked smugly. "What?! Nooooo-yes." I said comically. She laughed. "Well, lucky enough..." she started, getting up with an excited smile plastered on her gorgeous face. "I know a place~" she said with jazz hands and an excited tone. "It's a 15 acre place, but it ain't a house and it ain't mine. But the people who own the place are my best friends and know of you..." she said, her voice trailing off. "WHAT?!" I yelled, more excited than ever. "You never told me that!" "Well you seem real damn excited." she said. She got up against me and kissed my cheek. "I hope you like it.~" she said. I was stunned. "Well, what are you waitin' for, hottie?!" she yelled and grabbed my hand. "Lets go!" she said and ran, dragging me with her.

(Time skip)

We had been walking for a while as the sun started to rise. Every now and then, short conversations would spark up, but the walk was mostly silent. I looked at Aqua in the golden morning sunlight. She looked more beautiful than ever. I thought of our past conversations that we had in school. Our friends, past events, favorite things, but there was one subject that I never brought up. It filled me with curiosity. "Aqua?" I started. "Hmm? What's up?" she turned to me with a caring smile. "How come you live with your friends and not parents?" I asked. Her smile turned into a pained look. "I...don't want to talk about it right now. Maybe later." she said with a stern/sorrowful voice. I instantly felt guilty. I didn't know that question would hurt her like that. "Oh Aqua, I'm so sorry. I didn't know..." I said, trailing off. "Awwwww Pico, it's okay. I've been asked that question a few times by my friends, and you didn't know. It was - oh look! We're here!" she said, but I ignored and kept rambling on. "But I really am. I-" i was cut off by Aqua grabbing the crown of my head and made me look at her. "Dude, you're missing the best part!" she said. "What now?" I asked dumbfoundedly. She turned my head to look at the huge building in front of us. I didn't know what to think, I couldn't even believe my own eyes. But it was real, what stood in front of us was the infamous Playtime Co. toy factory.

(A/N) Hi! Hope you like this chapter! Again, I'm sorry for any cringy bits or grammar errors that I'm unaware of. I may or may not have referenced the second to last sentence off of one of my favorite songs by Beartooth called 'What's Killing You", best song ever. See ya later, my favorite little sinners!