chapter thirteen

Silence filled the morning air in your room. The twins were peacfully asleep on your bed, they had insisted that they sleep with you last night since your stories intrigued them to the point of staying up past nine.

You wandered over to the clock beside your table and set the alarm off so that the boys can get more sleep before they ought to rise for school.

You put on a cardigan and began to do what you do as always in early mornings. Prepare breakfast, wake mom, eat, bath, then go to school. It was a day like any other, only difference is that your heart was filled with peace from settling things as to how it should. You wished Tsugimi wouldn't bother you again, and you had hoped that what you did last night would make the victory you hoped to achieve.

The walk to school had always been peaceful, as of now, you were walking like always. Kuroi was skipping alongside you as well; the young cat had wandered from time to time, but would always follow suite as soon as he caught sight of you getting farther away.

"You seem to be in a good mood."

You turned to look at the blonde with a bright smile. "Goodmorning Kei!" You said. A warm feeling washed over you when he smiled back - content with seeing you so at peace.

"Now that I remember it, the first time that we walked like this, you were very snobbish and wouldn't even wait for me." You said.

His face showed a little frown and he looked at you cautiously. "And what would you want to say with that?"

You halted from your steps and tiptoed to give him a kiss. A soft and gentle one with much sincerity. He had his face stoop back in surprise; he had expected you to do something, but he certainly did not expect you to do what you did.

"Well, I'm kind of happy that your beside me now." You said and laughed. You grabbed his hand and gently strode on the streets with much vigor than before. Your heart was fluttering inside your chest. Tsukkishima's hand tightened in yours and let himself be swayed by you again, not minding the stares of other students passing by.

The walk didn't take that long before you reached school. By the time you caught sight of the gate, you let go of Kei's hand. And to your surprise, he brought your hand to his again ang tightened his grip.

You looked at him questionably, but let it go once you noticed his flushed face. You couldn't help but giggle.

"Oh? Isn't it Tsukkishima? And Y/n!" Someone chirped. "Hello!"

You looked at the orange haired boy and smiled back. Nodding along as a gesture of greeting. He came a little closer. "Now that your here, I wanted to..." he was about to say something when he noticed you and Kei's hands intertwined. He had a little smile along with a light blush.

"Am I interrupting something?" Embarassed, he scratched his nape and looked away.

You laughed. "Of course not--"

"Yes you are." Kei firmly said.

It took a moment before the ominous air was lifted by a hand grabbing Kei's shoulder.

"Tsukkishima, why don't we go to morning practice hmm?" Tanaka's had a smile, but the irritated aura did not slip past you. "You seem to be enjoying your time with your lover, why don't we go and impress Y/n with your oh so awesome volleyball  skills? Hmm?"

And in a split moment. You both were in the volleyball team's gym. All the while you were seated onto the bench, Tsukkishima got dragged over and repeatedly forced to do blocks with Hinata and Tanaka's spike over and over again.

You could do nothing more but awkwardly laugh upon the sight.

Well...you could no longer do anything if Tanaka's this fired up.