Welcome to (not) New York (TV) (Chapter 9)

^THE WAY SHES LOOKING AT THE CAMERA I CANT

TRIGGER WARNINGS-Just some death talk. I guess I'm boring now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to win.

(2 hours later)

I lost, painfully. So bad in fact that it hurts.

As we drive back me and Addy talk about what we think 1989 TV will be like. The CDs are all sold out, but I've never been a big collector of them anyway.

Besides I can talk to the real Taylor, so I don't think I need CDs.

Once we get back to the house, Gigi spends what feels like 30 minutes trying to park.

"Sorry, she sucks at driving honestly," Addy says with a laugh.

"Hey! I bought you boba!" Gigi says laughing

"Well, I'm repaying you by telling everyone the truth." She says. I giggle and eventually, we get out of the car, and Gigi unlocks the door.

The house smells amazing,

"Oh good you're back" Grace peeks through the doorway from the kitchen into the hallway. "Addy, can you tell you're brother and the rest of them to go get cleaned up for dinner? We didn't get to do anything special last night but we are doing one today." Addy nods and calls for the kids

"Which ones her brother?" I ask turning to Gigi who is putting her things away.

"Dylan, I don't even know how they're related, he's such a little stinker sometimes." I laugh thinking of how Jace used to go crazy.

"Yeah my brother Jace is crazy he always jum-" I stop for a moment. realizing what I just said.

"It's OK, you don't have to tell me. Let me show you where we eat." She says and I nod.

You don't deserve this. Jace should have friends, not you.

Jace should be alive, not you.

I follow her into the kitchen where Grace is checking something on the stove, she turns to me.

"Go, go, you'll ruin the surprise, five more minutes OK? The table is already set so get!" We leave the room giggling, she walks across the hall to the other room across the front entrance, what looks to be a living room, to the left of the stairs. She sits down on the worn-out couch and pulls out her phone.

I do the same, but I don't have anyone to talk to besides Taylor, so I just scroll on TikTok.

I've bothered her enough today.

"OK EVERYONE DINNER!" Grace yells out and a stampede of kids rush down the stairs yelling as Addy follows behind them. Gigi stands up, and I follow her lead and we go back into the kitchen, which is connected to a small dining room with a large circular table with nine chairs.

Kids start to sit down next to each other as Grace Addy and Gigi start bringing food over to the table. I walk over to help but Grace bats me away.

"You can help tomorrow, this is your welcome dinner." She smiles as I sheepishly stand in the weird empty space between the table and the kitchen. Eventually, I sit down in between Gigi and Grace, with a plate of chicken, a salad and I think.

"Garlic bread?" I ask with delight. I fucking love garlic bread

"Yep, It's one of Grace's specialties. garlic bread that makes your eyes burn because of all the garlic." Addy says from across the table.