(not) Happiness (Chapter 25)

When we get back to Taylor's house, she tells me she's going to try and find some comfy clothes. I get to the room that's supposed to be mine and sit down on the floor because the room doesn't feel real. It feels perfect for me, it feels comfortable. I feel like if I get too attached, that's when the rug will be pulled out from under me, as usual.

It happened with AJ, and it could happen with Taylor.

Again.

I try and think of who to talk to because I don't want to talk to Taylor yet. I don't think I'm ready this second. I'll probably cry to her music, but I won't tell her.

And then it hits me, I was supposed to tell Sierra about AJ. And now that there's nothing to tell, if I remember her correctly, which I probably do, she'll want to hear all about it. So I text her.

lil stinky💩: guess what

Sierra: wut

lil stinky💩: i have something to tell u

Sierra: wut???

lil stinky💩: AJ

Sierra: CALL ME NOW FACE TIMES NOW

lil stinky💩: only if you dont scream

Sierra: not possible but i can try

I call her, and she picks up and I see she's sitting on what probably is her bed, doing homework.

She was always the smart one.

"Talia if you don't tell me why you look like you've been crying for hours straight, I will come back to Cali to throttle you."

"So, remember how I went to a mental hospital?"

"Yes, I am aware that you went suicidal and ended up in a hospital."

"You could have some empathy you know. But yeah, anyway while I was there, there were obviously other humans, right?"

"No empathy, but yeah. WAS THERE A HOT GUY!?!?" She asks, yelling into her phone, completely focused on me, not the work.

"SHHH! Taylor might get mad at me. But um... maybe?"

"Two questions, who is Taylor, and was the hot person AJ?"

"Um Tay is blonde, and yes."

"Not sufficient answer, I want more. And did you hook up with him??"

"What?! Um, Tay is adopting me, and no I did not, not in a mental hospital are you crazy?"

"Apparently, you are, 'cus you were in one." She says, turning back to the book she's looking at."

"Hey! Mean! If you were here, I would hit you."

"Too bad I'm not, then I could meet your adopter person. Can I meet your adopter person? Are they there? Where are you?"

"Um, I'm at the adopter person's house, this is supposed to be my room." I flip the camera around and show her the room.

"OK, very pinteresty, it's a vibe, ALSO, ARE THEY RICH?!"

"Maybe?"

"How rich are we talking though? Ten thousand? hundred? million? Did you trick a millionaire into wanting you? Because no need to marry rich when you have a rich bestie."

"Um, like billion I think."

"WHAT THE FUCK?!! LET ME GET ADOPTED TO!!! PLEASE I WILL PAY YOU AFTER I GET ADOPTED!! CAN I SAY HI TO THE BILLIONAIR??? WHERE ARE THEY I WANT TO SAY HI TO TAYLOR PLEASE!"