Little taste of Heaven (Chapter 11)

^This is exactly how I felt after writing the last chapter

Yes, the title is a lyric, but its what Talia is getting...

TRIGGER WARNINGS Um lots. Like all of them. Actually thats a lie I'm sure there are some that aren't here but like whatever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The phone rings twice before she picks it up.

"Talia? Is this you?"

"Yeah. Hi Sierra."

"Look, I'm a little busy with homework, can I call you back later?" She says, with slight confusion in her voice, which isn't surprising we haven't talked in years.

"I," I pause, "No that's OK, sorry, I don't know what I was thinking." My voice is slightly shaky.

"Talia, are you OK?" She pauses. She knew me before all the shit with my mom and Kayla happened, then she moved. After everything I wanted to talk to her, but I was too scared to even think about her. She was my best friend.

I wish she still was.

"I just, I, you were the first person I, never mind, sorry."

"Tally-" I hang up before she finishes the sentence.

She probably moved on years ago.

I stayed there, in the sixth-grade classroom, waiting, wondering why my friend wasn't at school.

She told me weeks later she moved and didn't want to have to say goodbye.

After that, I stuck to myself, and it helped me. But I was so trusting and when Kayla wanted to be my friend, it felt like I was being saved. Things were fine for a while, we were best friends, then the one day I made another friend, she turned on me. Everyone hated me, and they would follow me around, they just wouldn't leave me alone.

I spent a year hiding at school, keeping my head down, and the worst part was when I needed a friend most because my mom kept getting sicker and sicker, and meaner and meaner,

I can't do this anymore.

I can't do this.

I can't.

I wish I was just gone.

I should just be gone.

Taylor's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been putting it off long enough, but I seriously need to call Tree. She going to be upset when I tell her I want to adopt Tals, but it'll be even worse if she finds out I adopted Tals without telling her.

It rings twice before she picks up.

"Hey Taylor, what's up?"

"Tree, I know you're going to hate this idea, but I kind of want to do something."

"Oh god, please tell me it's not another album. Not in the middle of your tour. Did you write one without telling me again?"

"Um, no, not this time."

"Well then what is it?" I pause,

"I met this kid.."

"And?"

"I think, no, I know, I want to adopt her." There is a noticeable silence on the other end, I brace myself for the worst, as much as I love Tree and all that she does for me when she doesn't like an idea, she doesn't like an idea.