~shrilling sounds~

{Readers pov}
The lorax sat on the ripped, blood stained couch staring at the now pink haired girl, he was nothing but speechless, the massive shock to her sudden anger dump, the passion he had for her grew stronger. He dreaded the fact that she might be wanted once people knew. Knew she was now a half tree hybrid.

"I- im sorry. I truly am" he stammers, he heart beating out his orange fuzzy chest.

"One chance only." The pink haired girl stated. She continues to sip her hot chocolate as the lorax darted his attention to her. Something didnt fit right, the air felt...off. Everything felt off, the couch, the hot chocolate, the pink hair, everything. He didn't know what was up but there was something, theres always something.

{Lorax's pov}
My gut told me not to stay in this drained out shack, we needed out now. The whole atmosphere was off, like, that day.

"Are you okay?" She asks me, she doesn't know the risks, the risks of it all. All of these risks in this room, how long have we been a clear target, a target for a sniper to shoot.

"Lorax? You okay?" She asks again, why wont she shut up. I need to think. Think lorax think! "LORAX!" she yells, this time making me annoying even more then i already am.

"TREE BE QUITE PLEASE" i yell back holding my finger up like people do in movies, "sorry. Just i need to think and listen" i say in plead for a forgiveness.

Beep. Beep.

The only noise in the silent filled room. The silence was really really loud.

Beep. Beep.

Again. The beeps that filled the room. Tree looks at me with a scared filled face, i was scared too. I place my fuzzy orange hand on hers to sooth her nerves.

Beep. Beep.

This time there wasn't just a beep. A long shrilling scream, like a detonated bomb.

Bang