one: gone girl

In the Harrelson home in South L

In the Harrelson home in South L.A, Ada laid on her bed in her room sound asleep. Her homework was laid out all around her, and her laptop was next to her playing an episode of breaking bad, at least it was when she fell asleep.

When her father came home around 11:45pm, he came and checked on her to make sure she was sleeping. At the sight of his babygirl he smiled, knowing that after a long shift he had this beautiful little girl with his entire face to come home to. Hondo put her homework away in their folders, and put her laptop on it's charger, along with her cellphone that was of course dead. He tucked her in, kissing her head before leaving her room and checking on Darryl.

The next morning, Ada had her AirPods in her ears as she listened to music and ate her breakfast. Her dad made pancakes with the non-dairy eggs she loved, and he even made her a shake to take with her. Hondo was finishing the pancakes he made, humming along to the music that came from his Alexa.

Little Hondo ate her breakfast, deep in her phone and the music that was blasting into her ears, she hadn't noticed her grandfather or foster brother come in; not until Darryl took the earbuds from ears and dropped them on the counter in front of her.

"Hey, I was listening to that!" She said picking up their AirPods and putting them into their respective slots.

"Well I've been talking to you, miss grouchy pants," said her dad as he handed his dad and Darryl a plate who hugged her to his side.

"Good morning, pop-pop. Morning Dare." She said to the two, after her granddad kissed her head.

"Morning, A."

"Good Morning, princess."

"Yes?" She asked, looking up after turning her phone over.

"I asked if you were staying after school for practice."

"Oh. No, Coach Greene said we're off today because of the two-a-days from last week. Todays a recharge day," she explained.

"Good, I want you straight home. Darryl's working late, and pops got doctors appointments, and I'm on call all day. I don't want you taking any detours neither, you hear?" Hondo asked the girl, and she nodded.

"Yes daddy. Loud and clear." The girl mockingly saluted him and he jokingly pointed at her.

"Relax a little son, you're acting like the girl doesn't already have your routines down by now. She's smart and she knows the rules," Daniel senior said, and Hondo just stared at his dad with a look.

"Pop, let me raise my kids on my own please." Daniel senior raised his hands in defense mumbling under his breath which made both teens laugh.

About 5 minutes later, a honk outside caused the girl to look up as she downed the rest of her orange juice and grabbed her last pancake and her shake. She stood up as did Darryl who grabbed both of their bags.

"Bye Hondo, bye pop." Darryl made his way out the front door as the girl took both of their plates to the sink.

"I got that, Ada. Head to school," Her father said as he came up behind her with two more plates in his hands, setting them down in the sink. She kissed his cheek, and gave him a hug, giving her grandfather the same treatment.

"Bye daddy, bye pops! See you later." The girl walked down the steps of her front porch, heading down to the car of her friend, Katie.

Katie gave a ride to Ada and Darryl everyday as it was on her way, and she knew that the two were like a packaged deal.

Darryl is 17 and Ada is 15, and they were close as ever. Darryl came to live with them about a year ago and their relationship was stronger than when they first met and they were always arguing. Now, Darryl saw the girl as his little sister and he'd give his life for her, she is his family.

The day was half over now, Ada was in her 6th hour class bored out of her mind. Her right knee was pulled up to her chest on her chair. The girl doodled in her notebook, jotting down notes whenever her teacher said something of importance.

"Alright kiddos, homework out on your desks. Let's switch—"

Mister Brown was cutoff by the classroom door being kicked in and five men with guns came in. These weren't just regular handguns neither, they were armed to the teeth with assault rifles.

"What are you doing here? Why are you doing this?!" The teacher stood up positioning himself in front of the ring leader of them all. This earned him the butt of a gun to his head. All the students began to freak out and move back, Ada amongst them.

She was calm but that didn't stop her from attempting to back away from the armed men. It was to no avail though, as the short lanky one stalked towards her, yanking her up forcefully by her arm, putting her in a chokehold.

"Get your hands off of her!" A friend of hers yelled. The men just pointed their guns at them as Ada was dragged out of the classroom, kicking and screaming.

"Let her go!"

She was handcuffed before a needle was stuck in her neck. Her movements became slower and her vision became blurry. She was out like a light, before she was tossed into the trunk of a car.