Chapter 7:

"So, you gonna man up?"

Zoe smiled, watching as Connor rolled his eyes and slid Phoebe's large cello case into the gray trucks back. Zoe put her guitar case in as well. Then Connor carefully placed Alex's saxophone on top of both. "Thanks for giving us a ride." Alex smiled, as he entered the drivers seat next to her. "Since our fathers ABANDONED us." Phoebe said dramatically, making Zoe laugh, while the other two rolled their eyes.

Lewis and Jason went out every other Friday after practice, generally for ice cream or a walk in the park together.

"No problem, Cynthia was making me pick up Zoe anyway since her license got suspended."

"OK! How is driving at 1 am dangerous?!"

The pair chuckled, as Zoe continued rambling to Phoebe in the backseat. Alex stared out of the windshield at the setting sun, heading home at 5 instead of 3 had some benefits. Connor glanced over at her, he couldn't help a small smile from spreading across his face. Her olive skin almost looked like it was glowing in the orange sunlight. He loved Friday drives home with the sisters.

"Oh, by the way, Alex."

Phoebe's voice yanked him back to reality, turning his face from a smile to a grimace instead. Alex hummed in response, leaning a bit to look back at the juniors in the backseat. "Would it be possible for us to stay late Monday after school?" She asked, Alex paused to think for a second then shrugged.

"Shouldn't be an issue, Jason can probably catch the bus."

Phoebe smiled widely and turned to look at Zoe who was also smiling. Connor had a bad feeling about what those two needed the hour for. "We could see if Evan would want to go get some coffee or something?" Alex offered; Connor hummed softly in response to let her know he was listening. (It had been about 2 weeks since the cafeteria incident, and Evan had actually clicked well with both of them)

Connor pulled to a stop in front of the small old blue house that popped out next to its cream-colored neighbors. (You could still see cream where the blue paint chipped) But they all had shingles with white windows. "Thanks Con." Phoebe tapped his shoulder, he nodded. She climbed out of the car and grabbed her cello out of the truck's back.

He looked over at Alex who was undoing her seatbelt. "Thanks for the ride, again." She opened the door and waved goodbye. He nodded, watching as the pair of girls walked up to their front door then disappeared into the house. Zoe climbed into the seat next to him, Connor pulled a U-turn and exited the street.

A/N: Hey sorry for the late update, hope y'all are doing well. Sorry about the wait, I've been so tired with the first quarter of my school finishing up. You guys are also incredible! We're at over 70 reads! (Also, unrelated, but Don't Call Me Doll has still been getting so much love. So thank you to anyone also looking that one over.) Special thanks to anyone who reads, comments, and/or votes. <3