Chapter 14

The first day of school after Keria is a little tricky. Everyone already knows I was pregnant and some people are accepting, others look at me like I killed someone.

But through all of it, you can guess who is right by my side. Koby of course. Senior Year.

I missed the first 8 months of it, but of course I didn't miss prom.

We go through the whole day with looks from everyone. A couple of sly remarks, people don't realize that in reality I actually was doing my school work and was at school. Nothing has changed, but I'm back now.

On the drive back from school Koby looks at me.
"Thank you" he says to me.
"For" I ask.
"being so brave. " he replies.

That makes me mad. I hate this new life. I don't want to be brave.
"Koby. I never wanted this life. Never wanted to be the pregnancy girl. Or anything. I'm only 17" I exclaim and feel a tear fall down my face. "I wish that you would have never gotten me pregnant. I wanted to be normal" I say. "you're not even on your period or having pregnancy hormones. You're just being a bitch" Koby exclaims.
"You weren't asking me to get off you now were you. Or were you wanting an abortion. You weren't saying this when you-- You know what!! Forget it" Koby yells and opens the door.

"What are you doing" I scream.
"You think your life is messed up, I could have had a full ride to college under a scholarship. But no, I didn't wanna be like my dad. I honestly wish I never even met you Sarah" he yells and gets out the car. He starts walking.

I begin to cry. I think about stopping and telling I'm not leaving till he gets in. But I don't, I pull off past him.

I run into the house and when he finally gets home I just look at him. "um, I'm sorry. I really do Love you and nothing about Keria was a mistake and nothing about us was a mistake" he tells me.

"Koby you said some hurtful things" I tell him.
"That's always the thing with you. You can never forgive anyone. Why do you think your dad died to leave you and your mom didn't care about you. " He screams.

I don't understand whar made him so mad to say that. I feel tears stinging in my eyes.

When the first one falls I feel so much pain I don't understand it. It is a pain I've never felt before.

"Koby. I thought I loved you, and that you loved me. I guess not and some things never change. No one will ever love you like I did" I say softly
Koby just stands there looking at me with regret and tears in his eyes.
Koby walks out the room and I hear the front door slam. I rush and grab a bag, a huge duffel bag. I put everything I own into it.
I grab my cheer bag and dump my cheer stuff out. I shove everything my baby owns into it. I go into Jennifer's room. "wassup Kidd" she says.
"I'm leaving, I gotta go" I tell her.
"what do you mean leaving" she asks. "skipping town. well probably go to Atlanta or something. Just know! you were always my favorite cousin. I loved you. Don't worry though, I will find you. We will meet again, but I gotta go" I tell her, a tear falls from my eye.
"I'll miss you Kidd, here" she says going behind her dresser and pulling out a huge wadd of cash and handing it to me. She gets up to hug me and I leave her room.

I go back into my room and search for anything I missed. I grab a notebook and pen off my dresser and write everyone a letter and write a note on the notebook.
" Don't blame yourselves and don't look for me. This is not our last. I always loved every single one of you. Until we meet again, not in death, but when I am ready and stronger.
Sarah Taylor. "
I grab my bags and my keys, grab Keria then walk to the car.
I toss the bags into the backseat and strap Keria in. I start to back out the driveway and I see Koby.
"No one will ever love you like I loved you." I say and pull off.

We head to a gas station first. When we go inside I pick up hair bleach and hair dye. I pick up chips and food.
I get gas and leave the gas station.
I head towards an airport. It takes about 2 hours to get there.

I rush through the airport with Keria.

"Welcome to LAX, how can I help you. " A woman asks me at the desk.
"2 one way tickets please" I ask
" To where ma'am" she asks me.
"Atlanta Georgia" I tell her.
"The next flight to Atlanta leaves at 3:15 am" she tells me.
"okay" I say and hand her money. I rush through the airport with Keria, carrying our stuff on a Kart.
I look at my phone. 12:58
We sit in the airport for 2 hours and finally we board the plane.

When we get on the plane I strap Keria's car seat in.

When I finally wake up, my
phone says 7:38.
I grab Keria and we step off the plane.

When we leave the airport, we head to a hotel.
There we order room service and they bring us food.
In the hotel bathroom I bleach and die my hair red.
I look at my bouncy red curls next to my Lightskin.

I lay down in the bed and curl up next to Keria.