10. Benched

"What the fuck was that Max? You turned into me!" I pointed my finger at his chest and poked him with probably every syllable. "And now my car's front axle is fucked!I was fucking P1"

He looked at me pointing and poking me back, "Calm the fuck down pinkypuff! My car had a lockup okay, and it seems that I also have a hell lot of damage so please chill out!"

I was so angry.. I just had pole position but now Lando was up on the board at first place. Me and Max were escorted to our garages separately, thank the lord, and our cars were removed aswell. After about 2-3 hours of looking for a solution to my very damaged car, Mike informed me that I wouldn't be racing tomorrow.

"Shit..."

I was torn, because what the hell was I supposed to do this, broke my heart, I only had so little races left for Aston Martin and now I'm out of one...

After the media and everyone else had been informed, my phone rang and Christian invited me to watch the race from the Redbull garage so that I could really 'get the feel', I wanted to watch it with my team but I guess one of these days they will be my team and it'll probably be better to bond with them.

I avoided my phone for the rest of the night, I was just so upset and I needed a little reset, so me and Lando went out to a line dancing bar and just enjoyed each other's company and celebrated his success..

It was race day and when I got to the Redbull garage, I was absolutely horrified to see that Max was not in his race suit...

"What are you doing here?" I asked him perhaps a bit aggressively.

"Well this is my team and I might ask you the same thing?"

"Well this is my future team and well my future teammate took me out and damaged my car in such a manner that I can't race. So, said team invited me to watch it at their garage"

"Wow who could've guessed, mine did the exact same thing!"

His sarcasm was killing me and I considered choking him out but obviously decided against it. I also didn't see that he was out as well because I ditched my phone last night...

"But I'm sorry by the way..." he apologized and weirdly sounded sincere..

I'm still upset about him lying about the whole Lando thing but I guess then again he wasn't talking about that ,so I just accepted his apology and we both stood watching the screens. Christian brought us some headsets, and we just stood watching quietly.

Just before the race began the camera crew for sky sport zoomed in on me and Max staring intently at the screens. Soon we saw our own faces on the tv and I just waved I was guessing we were being shown on the big screens because the crowd went wild and started chanting 'marstappen'. Me and Max didn't speak much, I was still upset but didn't want to confront him so we made small talk every now and then and perhaps a few comments about the race, but that was it.

Lando had ended the race in second with Leclerc at P1. I was happy for him and cheered. We celebrated with his team and went to a celebration party. Almost everyone was there and we got insanely drunk. Even Max, who I'd never seen drink was a little bit sloshed.

On my way to the bathroom Max pulled me into a corner, screaming over the music, "Why do you hate me Marie?"

I looked confused and he just continued slurring his words, "I really like you, but I feel like you hate me, always giving me stares, making comments and I just go with it because what else can I do..."

"Maybe for starters, not lie?" The words exit my mouth before my brain could possibly process them.

He looked confused and asked me about it, "what do you mean not lie? I've never lied to you Marie"

"Then what about Lando, he said he was at Redbull fighting for my seat, not asking them to consider him?"

Now he looked really confused, "I told you the truth. He was there for himself, did he say otherwise? Because if he did and you don't believe me, you can even check with Horner. He was never there for you... and I don't think he ever will be." He said the last bit mumbling and taking a sip from his cup.

My heart dropped when he said that. The backhanded comment at the end was kinda harsh and now I'm confused as hell.
What the actual fuck...

I decided to text Horner right then and there

"Dis lando ever tlk 2 u about his seat ?"- Marie

I was seeing double so the spelling mistakes went unnoticed. My brain was hurting thinking about Lando maybe really lying... My phone pinged

"Yes, he wanted the position you have for next year"- Christian Horner

My world went silent. I was going to kill Lando Norris...