7.The choice

The car drive to the hotel was silent. Knowing what I knew, I was put in an awkward position. I definitely wanted to confront Lando, but how do I approach the subject without starting a fight. I did want to fight because what the fuck, but it felt like a betrayal the kind that makes you wonder, 'is it even worth the fight?' I mean asking my DAD to talk me out of it?! He could've spoken to me, I would've understood, but now? Now I'm pissed...

"Dovey, was it that bad?" I wanted to scream, him calling me dovey made it even worse...
I took a deep breath ,"No, it was quite good actually."

He looked at me a while, trying to figure out what is going on. "I mean you're just so quiet, are you alright love?"
I felt like tearing up, just falling into pieces but quite frankly, I didn't want to. So I nodded, "yeah dad I'm fine, just tired." The rest of the car ride he left me alone.

I opened my hotel rooms door and found Lando sleeping on the bed. I stared at him, as hate filled my eyes in the form of tears. "Why?" I thought, "Why didn't he just tell me?"

I couldn't bring myself to sleep next to him, so I simply didn't. I walked down to the lobby and booked me another room because I will not be sleeping on the couch again... Ordered some room service and fell asleep watching The proposal.

I woke up. Alone. I haven't done that in years. This was a strange feeling, but I liked it for a change. I decided to enjoy my lonesomeness for a little while longer, until I got a text from Lamdo asking where I was. I decided that it would probably be now or never to confront him, so I headed back and entered the room.

"And where have you been?" He asked seeming angry. "I woke up and you weren't here, I was worried!" He went on and I decided to honest.

"In my room." I said it plainly picking up a toast from the kitchen counter, his eyes grew wide and confusion was written all over his face.

"What do you mean 'your room'? Was I taking up the whole bed again? If I did, I'm sorry love" He sort of chuckled at this.

I took a bite out of my toast and didn't respond

"So how was the meeting?" He asked sounding intrigued.

"Very enlightening actually. Met the team, talked with Max." I say the first part a bit bitterly.

"My word you're in a bad mood today it seems."
I know he was trying to lighten the mood but that was when I flipped. I dropped the piece of toast remaining on a plate and said, " You know maybe I have reason to be, Lando."

"Are you angry with me?"

"Oh I don't know, is there a reason why I should be? Are you hiding something?"

"What are you on about?"

"I know Lando! I know you went to Redbull and wanted a seat and hid it from me, I know you asked my dad to talk me out of the Redbull contract and I don't understand why you didn't just tell me you wanted that seat?"

He took it in and thought for a moment, "Listen okay I don't know where you heard any of that but I didn't go behind your back and ask your dad to talk you out of it. Secondly when I went to Redbull I wasn't asking about my seat... I was asking about yours.."
I went cold, I get Max maybe lying but my dad?

"What do you mean?"

"Can't you see? I was trying to do something for you! You were stressed and had so much going on, so I went to try and help you!"

"Holy fuck... Lando I'm so sorry. I didn't know..."

We talked about the whole situation for about an hour and I apologized for everything.
After that I texted my dad:

"I'm going to catch an Uber to my meeting." - Marie

I put my phone off, I didn't want to hear from my dad. Why did he lie?