Detroit

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Third Person POV

Leah was sure she had gotten away, but there was one little thing she had forgotten inside that little noggin of hers. While she enjoyed the new route she had tapped into that screen of hers to guide her toward her new destination, she forgot that the car was equipped with the most updated software and tracking program.

Alarick and Skylar were tracking her every move, and the alliance with Hunter had come with its benefits. He had notified authorities about Leah and asked them to work in secrecy until she came close to the borders of the new country she was migrating to in hopes of new beginnings.

"She just used her new card in a convenience store to fill for gas," Tate says as he looks at the screen of the laptop in front of him. "Where is she now?" Skylar asks as he bites his fingernail nervously.

"Just a bit into Detroit, sir," Tate says, looking between Skylar and Hunter. "Look. Do you really need to go after her? I mean, the girl has gone far enough, and from all the shit she's done to all of you, I think it would be best if you just... forgot about her, don't you think?" Hunter says, making Siylar growl in annoyance.

"You don't get, man. She's evil. I let her get away with a lot, but I will not stand for her to take another penny that belongs to my pack. She was my mate, and I blindly let her Manipulate me for far too long. But no more. Someone needs to teach Leah the consequences of her actions."

"And that would be you?" Hunter says, making Skylar growl. "Yes. Maybe... look, I just... I couldn't care less about the money if I'm being honest. But the fact that she would do that to me... after everything I did for her. I put her first, I rejected my first mate for her. Turned my back on everyone, and turned a blind eye to all of her doings because I thought... I thought we were meant to be. I chose her as my mate because I loved her. And I thought she did too. But, she was just using me." Skylar says, making Humter feel sorry for him.

"I get it," he says, making Skylar look at him doubtful.

"No, I'm serious. I get it. I had a girlfriend in school. I fell madly in love with her, and I was ready to make her my chosen mate because I... Hadn't found mine. We wanted to love each other and be with each other forever. But when she turned nineteen last year, she found her mate. She didn't think twice before she left with him." Hunter says, making Siylar feel bad for him.

"I was crushed. Ready to kill everyone who stood in front of me from the hurt I felt inside when Leah found me on the day I went to rescue my sister and you guys rescued all the girls and Brandon... I just couldn't have it. I doubted myself for a second rejecting Leah as my fated mate, but, from all I've heard from you guys... I think I dodged a bullet there." he says, shaking his head.

Skylar couldn't help but chuckle slightly, still feeling a bit of pain for Leah. "Yeah, I guess. She wasn't always like this. I don't know what happened, she was so nice and sweet when we were growing up. But maybe I was just as blind back then, who knows? I just... I wish things had been different." he says, sitting on a chair next to him.

"She's on the move." Tate cuts them off, making them turn toward him.

"Don't lose her. She shouldn't take long before coming up to the border." Hunter says, clenching his jaws he looks at the screen as he stands behind Tate and looks at the screen.

The little red dot moves through the map on the screen as Leah drives through a highway toward the US and Canada border. "We can't have humans be involved. They'll want the DEA or authorities to take over the case. Make sure that all the agents working the shift are our kind." Hunter says, giving orders to his men. One of them nods and leaves immediately as he gets 0n his phone.

Meanwhile, Leah smiles as she grips the steering wheel tightly. The winter is starting to feel cooler up north, making her turn off her air conditioner and roll the window down to feel the fresh air.

It smelled like freedom and a new beginning. She sighs, feeling the air in her face, making her hair flow effortlessly flawless.

"Just four more hours and I am a free woman. No more Skylar, no more Hunter, and no more fucking Olivia," she says, gritting her teeth at the end. "I have my money, my shoes, my clothes, MY jewelry, and... everything I can ever want or need. What else can a girl want?" she says to herself, as she smiles and looks at herself in the rearview mirror.

"Fuck Skylar and Madelyn. And fuck Hunter... it's his loss. He has no clue what he let go of. He will regret rejecting me, one day he will regret it. And I will be too far gone when he realizes it." she says smiling to herself. "I mean, who does that? Just look at, me. I'm hot, sexy, and smart. So many men wanted to be with me, and he had his chance. I was destined to him!" she begins to tear up, gritting her teeth in frustration. "He let his fateful mate slip through his hands. The one our Luna destined him to be with, and for what? Now he gets to be all ALONE! For the rest of his pathetic life!" she says, yelling toward the end. She let out a frustrated yell and clenched her jaw.

"Fucking Hunter. You'll regret this one day, I guarantee it." She says, feeling sure of herself. But the long drive has her worn out. She's ready to call it a night. She sees a small motel sign just ten miles ahead. When she comes up to it, she sees it a bit run down, and the place reeks of Humans, but she is far too tired to care.