The Rejection

🥀✨🥀✨🥀✨🥀✨🥀✨🥀✨🥀✨

🥀✨🥀✨🥀✨🥀✨🥀✨🥀✨🥀✨

Livie

I gulped down my pride and began to clean up quickly, wiping away my tears. Sniffling, I cleaned the towels and began to clean the floors again. It was so late. I'm going to be in so much trouble. I hurried to put things away and was about to run out of the kitchen to change when the lead omega came in, making me bump into her.

She hates it when I cook in dirty clothes. "Hey, watch it," she yells, making me startled. "I- I am so sorry," I say, apologizing for the billionth time today.

She rolls her eyes as she fixes her shirt. "You look disgusting. Why haven't you changed? The Primord pack just notified us that they are two hours away. They will be here soon, which means they will be joining us for dinner. We need to get things ready. Hurry up and change, come back, and start prepping for dessert while the others start dinner. And try to look a little presentable, will you? The alpha wants you to be one of the servants; I need you to look a little... decent...if that's even possible." she mumbles the last part as she looks me up and down.

I lower my head and sigh, "Now! Idiot. Hurry up and change; you have ten minutes to get back here." she says, making me jump. I move from side to side in panic before I take off, running toward my house. Ten minutes- that's all I get, and I live far from here, but I'm a fast runner. If I try my hardest, I can be there in two or three minutes.

"Yes, ma'am," I say as I run out of the pack house and towards my house. I run, run as fast as my legs can take me, but I'm weak; I haven't eaten all day, and taking off like that makes my head pound in pain.

My eyes widen as I come close to my door and see Skylar there. His hands are crossed over his chest, and he doesn't look happy. It's getting pretty dark now; the sun is beginning to go down, but where my house is located, it's getting darker as the trees around me cover the house entirely from the sun.

"Alpha, what can I do for you?" I ask nervously, looking down. He sighs, clenching his jaw.

"Open the door, we need to talk, Olivia." I can't help but become enamored with his voice. I know it's the stupid pull of the mating bond, but I know what's coming. My intuition has never been wrong. My heart hopes for me to be wrong.

"Y-Yes, sir," I say as I walk past him and unlock my door. My hands tremble, and I almost drop the keys, but I open the door. I walk in and place my keys on the key holder by the door.

I feel my arm pulled harshly as I step toward the living room. Skylar throws me against the door, making it shut behind me. My head hits the door, making my head hurt. The fact that I haven't eaten since I woke up this morning and today's temperature being so hot only adds to my headache, making me feel lightheaded and causing my headache to worsen by the impact.