Trouble at the Tavern

Midglen was a modest village located just north of the Black Bull's hideout, its wooden buildings and cobblestone paths created a cozy and quaint atmosphere. Filled with an array of unique shops and taverns, Midglen was a popular spot for both nobles and commoners alike. The lights of Midglen, glistening against the dark backdrop of the night, provided a welcoming sight to all who would visit.

A cold breeze filled the air rustling the changing leaves of the forest trees surrounding Midglen. Tonight, the town was bustling with excited crowds. This particular evening the shop owners of Midglen extended their hours, beckoning traveling merchants to set up stalls to sell their unique wares.

Not long into the night, a spatial portal appeared at the south entrance of town. Several people stepped out wearing robes of black embroidered with a gold and black bull. The moment Luna stepped out of the portal she was met by the cold night breeze, causing her to shiver. Following close behind her was Zora who donned a thick brown cloak secured by a studded leather belt.

"It's chilly tonight," Zora noted, throwing one edge of the cloak over his shoulder in an attempt to stave off the cold.

Luna was uncomfortable, though she was wearing her own cloak the dress she was wearing underneath provided little warmth.

"Yeah, it is. I didn't expect it to be this cold," she agreed.

Zora cast a concerned glance in her direction, "You going to be okay?"

Luna nodded, "I will be once I get indoors."

Once the Black Bulls all stepped through the portal they made their way towards the heart of town. Luna walked silently, watching as Grey, Gauche, and Gordon took off toward some of the town's unique magic shops. Asta was yelling about all the food he wanted to try and was dragging Noelle along with him to the food stalls. Secre, a young girl with bob-like black hair and small black horns followed close behind them. Luna watched them for a while then sighed.

"What's wrong?" Zora inquired, looking down at her.

"It's really nice to see them so happy," she replied.

He raised an eyebrow, "And that makes you sad?"

Luna blinked, "Of course not. It's just, I have never been that close with anyone, aside from maybe Magna, but even then, I don't really open up to him to personal things."

Zora looked down at her then back up to the gates of Midglen, "I've never understood the need to be that close to someone, tried it once, don't think I would ever do it again."

Luna looked quizzically at him. "Tried it once?"

Zora nodded, "Just once, but I lost her long ago. Promised myself I would never let myself feel that way again."

Biting her lip, then with a sheepish look she swallowed and looked to Zora. "You...you were in love with her?"