Nightmare Part 2

Zora looked down at Luna quickly, his voice full of urgency "Lun...Luna?" He shook her lifeless form, but there was no response. "Luna!"

Zora leaned close to Luna's lips, his voice quavering "She's not breathing Yami!"

Yami moved in closer, also shaking Luna, "Kid...hey kid...wake up, this isn't funny." His chest heaved, his breathing quickened. He swiftly placed two fingers on her neck hoping to find some semblance of a pulse, his expression darkened when no such sign could be detected.

Zora's voice continued to tremble as tears filled his eyes, "No...please no."

A cold high-pitched laughter emanated from behind them as Damian regained consciousness. "She's dead!" he cried with glee. "You failed Black Bulls!" He continued cackling and rejoicing in Luna's death, taunting Zora for his failure to protect her. "You couldn't protect your father, and now, because of your weakness and failure, the woman you care so deeply for is dead."

Yami stood slowly, a purple aura surrounding him. His eyes burned with fury as he turned towards the taunting man, the ground trembled and cracked beneath his feet with each powerful step he took. Enraged Yami grabbed Damion by the throat, with the force of all his power Yami buried his fist into Damian's face, shattering his jaw and knocking him unconscious. With disgust, Yami tossed the man's limp form aside as if it were nothing more than refuse.

Yami turned back to Zora, who was rocking back and forth with Luna. "Zora."

Oblivious to Yami's words Zora continued his attempts to awaken Luna.

"No, no, no!" Zora shook her again, "Luna...please, stay with me," he cried. He placed a hand on her cheek and pushed the hair out of her face. "You promised me little mage, you promised you wouldn't go anywhere without me."

He bent his body over hers as if he were still trying to protect her from any harm. "Luna!" he wailed, "Please take me with you." Tears poured from his eyes, his face streaked with drool and mucus.

The silence in the air was palpable as each member of the Black Bulls tried to process the horrific death that Luna had suffered.

Asta fell to his knees, his grimoire open, sword still in his hand. He stared blankly at Luna as Zora cradled her in his arms. Asta had never lost a squad member or a friend, now, he was left with overwhelming grief and shock.

Behind Asta knelt Noelle and Secre, the two had found solace in each other's arms, tears of grief streaming down their faces. Gordon stood beside them in stony silence, eyes transfixed on the dark depths of the street. Luck sat against the wall, legs outstretched, his head bowed in mourning.

Vanessa stood in disbelief, her cat Rouge controlled fate for the Black Bulls, always able to protect them, but this time Rouge couldn't help Luna. Vanessa broke into tears, blaming herself for her weakness and inability to prevent fate from stealing away her friend.

Magna had slid down the wall where Luna had been attacked, not realizing he was sitting in a pool of her blood. The flame mage buried his head in his hands, Luna had become one of his best friends, and seeing her murdered in this way sent waves of agony through him. He could have stopped this, if he had never left Luna alone in the bar.

Every member of the black bulls thought of Luna, mourning her, all sharing the weight of their failure to protect her, believing that they could have prevented this horrific outcome.

"FINRAL!" bellowed Yami, he was holding back his tears, desperately trying to remain strong for his squad. He would have to reserve his mourning for her in private.