Luna's Resolve

Luna's grip on the hilt of her sword loosened, allowing the sword to hang limply at her side. Blane took another ominous step forward. The brutal encounter with Zora had left him battered and disfigured; his face bore the marks of a savage beating, transforming him into a grotesque visage that seemed to amplify his menacing presence.

"Stay away from me," Luna demanded, her voice quivering as she instinctively retreated a step.

Blane, however, remained undeterred, a sinister grin dancing on his disfigured face. "Why would I stay away after we had so much fun last night?" he taunted, relishing in the fear he instilled. "I owe that friend of yours for what he did to me. I wonder how he'll feel when I shatter his little toy, and he can't save you."

Luna's chest constricted, immobilizing her as Blane took another step forward. The haunting memory of his touch resurfaced, nauseating her.

"Had I known it was going to be this easy to take you down I don't think I would have gone to as much trouble last night," Blane grinned. "Just be a good little mouse and stand still for me, just like that."

Luna blinked, still unmoving.

Blane raised a hand, black tendrils of magic coiled around his arms.

"Move, Luna. Move." Urged an unfamiliar, gentle masculine voice echoing in her mind.

"I..." replied Luna.

Blane sent the weaving dark tendrils darting towards Luna.

"You must move! Now!" cried the voice. As though her body moved on its own, just a second before the attack hit, Luna dodged and rolled away to her right. She kneeled on the ground panting.

"Get up, Luna. Don't let them take you," the voice pleaded with urgency.

Shaking, Luna pushed herself to her feet. "I can't do this..." she said as she watched Blane circling her.

"You can Luna, and you must."

Damian stood off to the side, watching Blane as he circled Luna hungrily. "Don't screw this up like you did last night Blane, just take her down, we need to get out of here."

"Why not wait until the trap mage shows up? He will come for her eventually, then I can kill him."

At this Luna stepped forward, her grip now tightened on the hilt of her sword, "I won't let you touch him!"

Blane barked with laughter, "The little mouse thinks she can protect her friend. Do you love him little mouse? You could love me if you wanted."

Luna's eyes narrowed with contempt, and her response was swift. " I would never love you. Your face already attests to your ugliness, you bastard. Did he beat your brain stupid as well, or were you already there to begin with?" she snarled, a mixture of anger and disdain lacing her words.