Chapter 12 : The disease

There were voices. Hushed voices. But panic could be sensed in them though she couldn't hear them. Hermione was unable to open her eyes. She felt weak. She could feel a soft hand upon hers.

"She will be okay! Right!?"
A voice was shouted at someone, fear and anger expressed in it.

"Calm down Mr.Malfoy! We are doing everything we can to detect this mysterious disease!"
A panicked and hushed voice replied.

Hermione finally opened her eyes. She took a while to adjust her eyesight, swear dripping from her forehead.

"Love! How are you feeling?"
The same voice who had shouted at someone had asked her. However, the tone was soft this time.

Hermione turned her head towards the owner of the voice and blinked several times. It was her boyfriend, Draco Malfoy.

Draco held her hand tighter, locking his eyes with the witch's hazel eyes.

Hermione...are you okay?"
Another voice spoke, who was now wrapping her arms around Hermione.

She felt a pain in her chest making her groan.

"Ginny! Stay away from her..she's not stable right now.."
A third voice spoke, dragging the ginger head girl away from hermione's fragile body.

Hermione blinked again and looked around the room. There was Draco, Madam Pomfrey, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Professor McGonagall, Mad-eye Moody, Lupin, tonks and many other order members which Hermione didn't recognize.

Hermione tried to sit up, but a hand carefully stopped her from doing it and gently pushed her back into the warm pillow.

"Why isn't she speaking!? I thought you said she'll be okay?!"
Draco shouted at the matron who huffed in anger and was ready to snap at him.

"What happened to me."
Hermione suddenly spoke catching the attention of the entire room. The whole room was staring at eachother as if they were hesitating to answer her.

"Miss Granger, you were hit with an unknown spell near your heart and it's been spreading to all the parts of your body. We are trying to stop it from spreading towards your heart. You are in heavy medications right now."
Mad-eye Moody spoke while everyone began nodded their heads at him.

"I-Its fine Hermione.. nothing will happen to you..we are already in search of a cure."
Draco said with tears in his eyes giving Hermione a sad smile.

Hermione let out a shaky sigh cupping draco's face and caressing his cheeks.

"Leave miss Granger to rest everyone! Get out of the room! She needs some fresh air..and she wouldn't get it if you all keep worrying her too much!"
Madam Pomfrey the matron shouted at them, shoving everyone towards the door and closing hermione's curtains.

"I am not leaving Hermione alone! She needs me!"
Draco said angrily to Madam Pomfrey, wiggling out of her grip.

"What she really needs right now is lots of medications and a TON of peace and stress-free rest!"
Madam Pomfrey snapped, now looking at Remus lupin.

"Draco, let's just go now..we gave a meeting to attend. You can see her after a few hours when the Madam things it's the right time and hermione is perfectly rested."
Lupin said, putting his hand on Draco's shoulder and dragging him out of the room.

Everyone kept walking until they entered the room of requirements. Kingsley went towards the door. The door opened and everyone entered w small room with a large table and lots of chairs. They had been seated in their places.

Kingsley stood up.
"Thank you everyone for coming to this meeting. As you all have witnessed that Miss Hermione Granger had been the victim of the 'monsterminds' - Blaise Zabini's army."

Draco looked down unable to control his tears. Suddenly he felt a comforting hand on his shoulder. He looked at the person. Ron. Ron gave him an comforting squeeze which draco replied with gratitude and then they both began to focus on the lecture.

They were listening intently and noone was interupting Kingsley. He hated people who interuptef him so everyone listened rapidly not speaking a word.

After 15 minutes, Kingsley finally addressed the people.

"So..any questions?"

"What type of name is 'monsterminds'?! He is a 10 year old watching monster school?!" Ginny shouted making everyone else startled. Not everyday you see a particular red-haired Weasley shout, do you?

"I don't know. Why don't you go ask him yourself?"

Ginny stood silent. Then she muttered a quick apology before sitting down.

"So as I was saying before I got interupted.."Kingsley shot a glare at ginny and continued " this is a curse which is not yet discovered by mankind and the antidote for this king of potion is quite hard. Fortunately, we know the incantation and the side effects of the potion. I will appoint a team to brew a potion for Mrs.Granger and some extras incase we ever need it ourselves. "

"Excuse me Kingsley, but how did we find out the incantation?" Harry asked after staying quiet for quite a long time. Guess his best friend attacked got him in a shock.

"We had captured one of the monstermind. We digged the information out of him. Speaking of which, we need a team to force him to speak more information. I have prepared the groups. Kindly see on your way out of the room."

Everyone nodded and were processing the words.

"Any questions?" Everyone shook their heads. "Good, your all dismissed until the next order meeting."

Everyone made their way out of the room frantically searching for their names on the selected groups but some groans and excited talks were heard.

Draco got to the door and was pouring over the Parchment.

Antidote for curse ( Potionists )

• Draco Malfoy
• Harry Potter
• Ginny Weasley
• Ron Weasley
• Severus Snape

Torture-session ( Higher order members )

• Remus Lupin
• Nyphandora Tonks
• Sirius black
• Ginerva McGonagall
• Severus Snape

The potionists were the top students in Draco's year. Well..except Ron. Harry and the other members also saw their name and were talking among themselves. Draco paid no heed to his words and marched towards the Hospital wing.

Madam Pomfrey was changing the rag on Hermione's forehead. Hermione's face was still pale and she became more skinny than usual. She has dark circles under her eyes and she was breathing quite heavily. Madam Pomfrey spotted Draco and urged him to come closer.

"She's awake, but she can't hear us. Her body is burning up due to high fever but medications are not working on her. We need to find a cure." Madam Pomfrey worriedly told him. Draco held hermione's hand.

"Would you be a dear and stay here till I come? I have to go to Professor McGonagall to discuss a few things. I'll be back before you know it." Draco nodded and watched Madam Pomfrey leave the room.

Draco sat beside the bed. He held Hermione's hand more tighter and looked at her. Her eyes were droppy as if they were fighting to be awake. Draco placed his other hand on her cheek and caressed it. Hermione leaned towards his hand.

"Everything will be okay, I promise."