The Parade

It's hot.

My stylist has put me in this dark outfit. I wouldn't call it a suit though. The top is a very deep navy blue, with matching jeans.

I'm suppose to hit a button once I get to a certain spot during the parade. I'm not sure what it does...

My tribute partner is older. She's pretty, and has a dark skin that is rare in district three. I like it, and I hope I don't encounter her in the games because I don't want to kill her... But if the moment arises it will happen.

I hate those thoughts. I hate the games. I hate my family.

I hate myself.

But I will win.

I place a smile on my face as I aboard district three's chariot. My district partner smiles at me halfheartedly. I smile back.

Our horse begins to move. She has beautiful black hair that shimmers behind her as she moves. I love it.

I grab my partner's hand to put on a show. She doesn't resist. We get to the spot where we're suppose to hit the buttons on our clothes.

We both do as we're told.

Soon little lights flicker on, twinkling on and off like stars. Our whole outfits grow brighter and brighter as the lights become more frequent.

The crowd really likes the light show coming from our chariot. I'm glad, because I don't. It hurts my eyes.

I wave at the capitol people, and wink at some of the pretty girls. All I want to do is win their hearts. I want ever single capitol member to fall in love with me.

I will win.

I flash my smile again as the light on our outfits begin to fade. Thank goodness, I was getting a headache.

I hate being a puppet. I hate how the capitol people look at us. I hate this stupid outfit I have on.

My hate will fuel me.

Our chariot pulls up next to district two's. Then the other tributes pull in one after another.

I don't bother to check out my competition at the moment. I'll do that later. I don't talk to my district partner either. No need to grow attached.

I look up at President Snow. I want him dead just as much as I want to win.

And I will win.