Chapter 11

I wake up in Thomas's room again remembering the night before. Although Thomas isn't here, that's strange I thought. I shrugged and then got dressed. I realized I haven't taken a shower in forever and I smell. I decide I'll take one after breakfast.

When I arrive to breakfast I see we are having oatmeal and berries. Yummy and I smile to myself. "Thanks Fry" I say especially because he gave me a bigger portion. I decide to sit by Thomas and Newt at breakfast. When I sit down I start shoveling the food in my mouth. "Finally Sleepinh Beauty arrived" newt says chuckling. "Sorry I was tired." I said defending myself. "Well Minho and Alby already left, leaving me and you in charge" newt says. "Kay" I say and go back to eating.

When I finish breakfast I decide to go to the deadheads to relax, I seem really stressed out lately and I don't know why. Suddenly I hear snapping twigs in the woods and I look down from my tree to see Thomas coming towards me. "Jennifer?! Jennifer where are you?" He says. "I'm here shuck face, I thought you were running the maze today." I said. "Nah, Minho said I could take the day off." He said smiling. "Well that's great, I should probably go check on the glade, since I am in 'charge'." I reply climbing down the tree.

Me and Thomas make our way out of the deadheads, holding hands. I'm lucky to have a guy like him. "Hey you think we should check in the girl?" Thomas asks. "Sure " why not.
When we open the door to the medical room we see the girl whispering things I cant understand under her breath. Her breathing is more stable now I notice, that's good. "Well she seems fine how bout we go get some lunch?" He asks. "Okay sure." I say following him.

We find our spots next to Newt and he seems awful worried today. "What's wrong with him he looks like klunk, I mean I know he is in charge today but, so am I" I whisper to Thomas. "Yea-" he stars but is interrupted. "I can hear every bloody word you guys are saying. Hell, Minho and Alby should be back by now." Newt says in monotone.
I look down at my runners watch and see that he's right. I start eating my meal as a distraction, because now I am worried too.

With 10 minutes to spare all the gladers gather around the doors. Thomas and I are holding hands, staring through the doors. I mean even if we do go through we are runners nothing bad can really happen. (A/N I forgot they were already runners so this will be a little different) "there" Thomas says pointing with a finger. I look to see Minho struggling to carry Alby. "Something's not right" I hear gally say. "There not gonna make it" newts sighs. Everyone seems to give up hope except me and Thomas. We lock eyes and then we both run out through the closing doors. "Jen, Thomas NO!" Newts shouts trying to grab us. But we are to fast, I mean duh we're runners. We dive at the last minuet and make I through hearing the doors slam behind us.